I guess I need to tell you the flip side to the awkward inward moments I had in class Sunday.
Here's the deal. We're at a pretty big church and everyone has to share space. So the classes share rooms and the times are juggled so they can all meet at some point. And of course, many of them are split out by age groups.
And we wanted to try the class with our age group... not just the young adult on up class.
So we tried this sweet little class. And by little I do mean little.
There were less than an dozen people in there when we arrived. And less than 15 TOTAL when everybody arrived. And when I'm in situations where I don't know people, I either shut down, or rattle on too much. But with such a small group, shutting down really wasn't an option.
So rattle on, girlfriend!
Anyway.. they wanted to know how we came to know about the class. So I went into way too much detail about how the other class we tried stopped meeting this hour and we really need a class that meets this hour and the OTHER class is for all ages and we wanted to be with our own age so we ended up here.
His response... gee you make it sound like you're scraping the bottom of the barrel to come in here.
Awkward. What can I say... well....! It's not necessarily that we're scraping the barrel, it's just that there isn't another option. But I ended up going on and on while I got a lot of blank stares back.
allrightythen. cya next week.
I say that and yet they were very friendly and we will be back next week. Maybe I'll be a little more relaxed and not quite so rambley. We can only hope!
4 comments:
ohhhh. It seems this other person said something sarcastic and our Kay was not ready for that. ?? I don't think what he said about 'scraping the bottom' of the barrell was appropriate. Just my humble opinion.
I think next week, you will feel more comfortable.
ps. I would love to be with you when you start to ramble. It could be fun...for me. :0
Hugs, Suz
oh gosh... that would be me. and it gets worse when you can really see that glazed over look in their eyes as i keep on rambling! i hope that personmade the comment with a bit of laighter in his voice... and the he will be welcoming you next week. be brave :)
Yes, he did make his comment with laughter in his voice. It was a funny and strange moment all at the same time. One of those things that made me want to go 'ppfffth', except that I didn't know him, so I didn't think I should. LOL
Oh Kay, don't we just love those stretching moments God provides? I'm thinking you're going to WOW em next week!!
Hugs to you.
Post a Comment