Monday, August 3, 2009

I fell in love... anew

I went away this past weekend. And no... I wasn't at She Speaks! LOL

I went to visit some relatives and had a wonderful time.

It was nice to get out and get away. And not be the mom for a couple of days.

And yet, I couldn't wait to get back to my little family, so it was a perfect weekend.

During the summer, I'm rarely ever alone in the van. I'm usually running errands etc with my girl and on the weekends, with the whole fam.

So to have a little time to just be quiet and think was nice.

I actually got to listen to music alone in the van. I loved it.

But I didn't have very many cd's in the van, so after listening to a couple of newer ones, I sifted through the carrier and pulled out an oldie.

Dennis Jernigan's The Collection. I love this CD. It's got so many wonderful songs on it. And I just love him in general. What a testimony and what a ministry God has given him. Anyway...

I was listening to the last song When I Fell In Love With Love With You... (of course I can't find a YouTube video when I want it lol) But here are the lyrics...

When I fell in love with You
I fell hard, what else could I do
You took the old and left me new
Then I fell in love with You

My heart broken, all hope lost
Cold and hard, ravaged, wounded, tossed
Heard Your love song from the cross
And then I fell in love with You

Chorus
When I fell in love with You
You swept me off my feet
Washed me clean and made me new
In You I was made complete
When I fell in love with You
My heart embraced what You already knew
When I fell in love with You

Sin had bound me through and through
With every failure the darkness grew
Your love fell down with crimson hue
And then I gave my heart to You

You were waiting, Your love true
Me, debating just what to do
My heart was healed when You broke through
And then I fell in love with You


Anyway... this song is really his testimony... and mine. I ended up in tears, just loving Him and remembering loving Him. It seems like in life I can say yeah yeah, I love God, but not really stop to let my heart and mind take LOVE in to it's fullest. It was good to have my heart broken in that way, just pouring out worship to the One that took the old and made me new.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love those lyrics Kay!
I also treasure my time alone in the car...it is nice to not play 'dj' for the kids. IE: "I don't like that song, I want it louder, oh, not that song Mom, turn it down please" You know what I mean.
Glad you had a good time visiting. Take care, suz

Gberger said...

This is beautiful, and I've never heard that song. Thank you for sharing the lyrics and the effect they had on you. God bless you!