For the record, I've never done that before. And I don't know that I'll do it again. Going by myself was sort of a lonely experience. I didn't realize how much I missed having somebody to giggle with during all the appropriate times.
But then again, I'm glad I went by myself, since none of my IRL friends know about my blog. And there are some references to blogging that are pretty cute and they might wonder why I thought that was so funny. So it's probably a good idea that I went by myself anyway, huh?!
So to answer the obvious question.. yes the movie is good. Very good. Even delightful, actually. I loved it. I wondered if this movie would feel like it was dragging along since it's 2 hours and ten minutes long. But it doesn't. As a matter of fact, I was sad when the movie ended. Yes, it was that good! ( my biggest negative was the language, which is sad, but expected in a PG-13 movie)
So there ya go... my 'review' without actually giving away anything about the movie. My advice: Go see it. Right away! You'll be glad you did. : )
And in honor of seeing the movie, here are some of my pics from the Smithsonian... Julia Child's kitchen. Imagine all the butter that got melted in THAT kitchen! Mercy me!
Bon Appétit, indeed!
6 comments:
I really want to see that!
I go to movies by myself from time to time. No babysitter to pay, no negotiating to sit. I actually like it.
I am so looking forward to seeing this, and I think I have to wait for school to start, too. Glad that you liked it! I love her old cooking shows, and her book, "My Life in France" was wonderful.
How did the first day of school go?
hi kay!
my hubby & i went for our anniversary... when the lights dimmed in the last scene we both looked at each other and said- it that it? i think that says a lot for a 2 1/2 hour movie! we really did love it :) wish you lived closer... suz & i are known to sneak out for a movie while the kids are in school... don't tell her, but eric & i went yesterday (time travellers wife). once we got there i felt bad and thought- i should have invited suz! :)
I went to a movie by myself a long time ago. I don't think I minded it so much...and I wish I was closer and you and i could have enjoyed this one together! Glad you liked it...I must GO!
I am really ready to see it now. Thanks for the review Kay.
Thanks for your review. Maybe I WILL go see it. Maybe I'll even go alone, since it's probably too much of a "chick flick" for my husband, and I think most of my friends have seen it already. I kind of like going to movies by myself. That way, if they make me cry, nobody has to know. ( :
Post a Comment