Thursday, August 27, 2009

another birthday

Today is another birthday. He would be another year older.

twelve.

But as I've said before, he is always four to me.

I will spend the day hanging out with a good friend and going out to eat and just being.

The anticipation of these days is sometimes worse than the reality.

We didn't know when we had our little man twelve years ago just how much our lives and our hearts would be changed... and stretched... and broken... and healed in the coming years.

Thank you Jesus for my little sweet one in heaven. I'm so blessed to be his momma.

8 comments:

Beckypdj said...

I really don't know what to say. I have been having some challenging days myself.

I do know what you mean about the anticipation. Anytime a special date comes around, it is always the few days before are harder than the actual day.

I was thinking about birthdays in Heaven last night in church. I suppose this comment is not the place to speak of time in Heaven, too small of a space, not to mention the limits of my human brain.

Have the best day possible. I will be praying for you today.
Hugs.

Susan said...

(((hugs)))

Hoping today is as peaceful as possible. I agree - the days before seem worse sometimes.

Happy Birthday Bub

Dawn said...

hi kay... sending you a prayer for a peaceful heart... joyful memories... and that you feel love today.

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Dear sweet friend. Let His love surround you today. I pray that something will happen today that will just bless you to pieces.

Much love,
Donna

Gberger said...

Sending love and {{{hugs}}} to you this day...God bless sweet Bub, and all of those precious kids who we love (and miss) so much! I'm thankful for your faith, and the fact that YOU ARE HIS MAMA forever.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Thinking of you and wishing virtual hugs could make it all better.
Suz

Jill said...

Keeping you in my prayers today . . .

Dawn said...

Kay....
You are a wonderful mom.

I wish I had words, other than "I know how you feel"

I always feel quiet with a heavy heart on those special days.
I have not quite figured out what to do with myself yet. Still lost.

{{{{HUGS}}}}}