Wednesday, September 3, 2014

allergic

Yesterday I got allergy tested.  My only experience with it was back in the ye olden times when Bub got tested. He was the youngest patient his allergist had ever tested and given shots. And they helped tremendously.

So I decided to give it a whirl since my asthma really bothers me sometimes. And there are only so many oral meds and inhalers available. (and Bub got to the point that he didn't need any of it)

I signed all the paperwork and changed out of my top and soon the nurse came in with all the prinklies. It was uncomfortable but not painful. And I didn't have any intense reactions, so the experience overall wasn't too bad.

But I found out I'm allergic to a lot of molds. And some trees. And plenty of animals. Including dogs. And cats. Don't worry. We won't be showing Annabelle the door...she's our baby. And I'm totally not surprised that I was allergic to her. I've know it for years. Maybe the shots will help with all of that and more.

Either way, I might as well not have a cow about all of this. Because I'd be allergic to it, too.

Something I'm not allergic to? Roaches. So...what am I supposed to do with that tidbit? Pet roach anyone? : p

Good times.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh. You are a hoot. I hope they come up with something to make you feel better.
Lolo was tested many years ago; she also tested negative for roaches. Perhaps the two of you can share a pet or 500?
Thanks for the smiles. Miss you.
XOXO

Gberger said...

I tried that once, and the tests were all negative - but I have allergic reactions to a lot of dogs, our cats, etc. Isn't it a funny thing - and roaches? They tested you for ROACH allergies? So glad that your cat is safe. =)