I have been a scrap booker since my kids were little.
I've gone from trying to 'do' every. single. picture when they were little...because hello...every single pic was so cute when they were little, to just trying to do vacations.
And even that can be overwhelming. 300-500 pics for a one week vacation. Yes, I pick through and find the best ones, but sometimes ya just want to show different ones for different reasons. And even picking just the best stuff, y'all that's still A LOT of photos.
And a lot of time. And a lot of effort. (And a lot of mess.)
And guess what...all of that stuff is in short supply around here.
So the other day I saw that Project Life has an app for Apple now. So I downloaded it.
And y'all..I don't EVEN know where to start with this.
It's easy. It's fun. It's cheap. (app is $2.99) And best of all, IT'S FAST.
As in, since I got it just a couple of days ago, I've made five (!!!) really cute pages. That's five more pages than I've managed to complete in lo a many years, my friend. I haven't been this excited about anything scrap book related in YEARS.
I have wanted to 'go digital' for a long time because of the less mess and less paper, but they are always so complicated. But guess what...this is an app! It's easy! It fits in the palm of my hand. I can do it anywhere. Did I tell you it's easy? I started playing with it and right away I had it figured out and was creating something really cool and fun. I also love that the app comes with four very different 'kits' with very different color palettes of 'papers'. As in...I can create for a while with just what came in the app. But other kits are available and they are cheap too....99 cents and $1.99 is not bad. And after that, they are mine to use over and over..unlike a special sticker or piece of paper that once I've stuck it down, it's used forever.
Once pages are done, they can be saved to my camera roll, posted on all manner of social media or just about anything else you would want to do with them. They can also be uploaded to places like Persnickety Prints for printing. Y'all...they print an 8 X 8 square page for 99 cents. (you can also print a 12 inch square for slightly more, btw) I can't print photos and buy papers and do it all for a buck!
This isn't a sponsored post, by the way. I just think this is so cool.
OK...I'll shut up now so we can look and some fun scrap book pages, k?
Cute, right? : )
4 comments:
Super duper cute. I'll have to look into this; as in, can I do it on my mac?
I'm SOOOOOO far behind on my scrapbooking; as in 3 years behind. It's overwhelming to be that far behind. Thanks for sharing. heading to work-I'll try to remember to look at this later.
XOXO
That is awesome! I have become totally turned off of scrapbooking for several reasons, some of which you stated here. But this looks like it would take all of the pain out of it. The only question is, What to do with the photos that are from the pre-digital era? Did you scan them into your phone? I know there is an app for that, too. I have so many negatives and prints from the pre-digital ages that I would love to convert. Then the process would be so fun and simple.
Thanks for sharing this! Your pages look really nice.
Super cute, Kay! I've never gotten into scrapbooking, but I do keep photo albums -- which I am always behind with! :)
What a great app! And I love the pages you've created!
Post a Comment