Thursday, May 2, 2013

guacamole

I was flippin’ channels the other day and caught a bit of Hungry Girl on tv. I don’t watch cooking shows much, but the fact that she was doing Mexican food made me perk up. I looove Mexican food.

And here is a true confession….I hadn’t ever had guacamole until a few years ago. I watched Alton Brown make it on Good Eats and decided to give it a whirl. And YUM! I lament all the years of going to Mexican food places and shoving ‘that nasty green stuff’ aside. Oh, what I missed!

But anyhoo, back to Hungry Girl. She was trying to make guacamole less fattening. (IMO guac is fine just like it is…replacing a healthy fat with a carb doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.) So! She put some mashed up green peas in with some avocado to make guacamole.

I just about died.

Talk about messing up some perfectly good food. Peas? Really?!

I do hereby promise that I will never EVER ruin a perfectly good dish by adding peas. Especially my beloved guacamole.

The end.

Pass the chips. ; )

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

LOL, you are so funny!
I TOO just started eating guac the last few years. What was our issue? The color? The texture? I LOVE it now and also think it is a great 'fat'.
Peas? Well peas can kiss my butt. They are stinky and gross!
XOXO

Jill said...

I'm with you. I'm not a big guacamole fan anyway, but now I may never eat it again, thinking that someone MIGHT have slipped peas in it!