….she’s finished with high school.
No prom. No parties. No awards ceremonies. No cap and gown.
No whoopla whatsoever.
Just a little click of the mouse exactly like a zillion others, but this one carried with it her last assignment.
And that was that. Over. Done.
No bells or whistles or tickertape parade. We slipped into the void of being done with high school so quietly.
Very strange and surreal.
Friend’s daughters are going away to school…some as early as next week. Others in the fall.
The changes here feel just as drastic until I am reminded that I’m not leaving her miles and miles away. She will be going to a two year college about two miles from our house just to get the basics over. This will allow her get her bearings a bit and decide something she would like to ‘do’.
So there are changes. I guess ours just feel more subtle since she will come home to us every afternoon. Something we haven’t had since she was in 9th grade….the going and the coming home part.
Come fall, I will miss having her around all the time. But she’s growing up.
*long contemplative sigh…..*
Happy graduation, sweetie girl. : )
4 comments:
Congratulations to your daughter! I am so happy for her.....finishing high school is a big accomplishment and she did well.
I'm glad that she is not venturing too far from home for a while. This will give her some time to scope out choices. Right??? Plus, look at all the free time YOU will have now. I'm thinking more gardening? More crafting? Book reading? Oh my....it's endless!
So happy for you all!!!!
Have a great weekend.
XOXO
The change is drastic! and exciting! and nerve racking! and normal.
Congrats to the girl and applauding you all because I think you will adjust well. :)
Congrats to your girl! Now you get to enjoy watching her blossom, and you get more free time. It's gonna be great!
Congratulations to your girl! That's so exciting for her. You will grow accustomed to her new schedule. It's amazing how we adapt...when David moved across the state to attend university, we really missed him at first, but we have grown used to it. We still miss him, and his vacations become precious times, but he is happy, and that makes us happy. When he left to spend the semester in Italy last fall, it was hard to think that we wouldn't see him until Christmas; however, it was such a wonderful experience that we were full of joy for him. And FaceTime really helped - we could videochat every week. It's such an wonderful time in their lives - best wishes to her in her college career!
Post a Comment