Friday, April 26, 2013

a new every day routine

Every night she gets up on our bed and finds her snuggle spot and goes to sleep.

Every morning she hops off the bed before I get up, hoping to hide under the bed and avoid being caught and medicated.

Every morning she eventually comes out. Hunger always wins.

Every morning I put on an Academy Award worthy performance of not giving a rip that she came out from under the bed…so I can snatch her up and give her some medicine.  And then she runs and hides under the bed. Again.

Every day she continues to hide under the bed until she gets brave. Or hungry again. And ventures out from under the bed. Again, with my award performance of not giving a rip that she’s out and about. But this time, I don’t need to grab her; I’m just glad she’s out and about.

We go through this same routine. Every day. And every day I talk to her and tell her that if she’s already had her medicine then everything is cool and she can just relax and go about her day.

But every day she gives me the same “what the heck you talking about, lady?” look. And I feel dumb for trying to reason with a cat. Cuz it’s impossible.

At some point every day she comes around and figures out that indeed I am done poking meds down her and she can just ‘be’. But this has to be re-learned. Every day.

We go through this same routine every stinkin’ day and sometimes it wears on me.

It’s like that movie 50 First Dates.

I’d like to thank the Academy…and my cat..for making this award possible. Oy.

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh. This is hilarious! At first I thought you were talking about your daughter, but I knew she couldn't fit under the bed. LOL!!!!
Is it possible to put the meds ON or IN her food? I know that wouldn't be as much fun for you. :)
XOXO

Wade's World said...

Too funny! I'm like that with Macy and thunderstorms. Dog...the loud sounds will not get you!

Dawn said...

darn cats :) ours starts howling as soon as anyone stirs... except me! she knows i won't feed her {unless no one else is home!} and then starts again about 4:15 pm. she likes to be fed at 5 o'clock on the DOT! twice a day. ugh.

don't get stuck under the bed looking for your kitty! xo