Monday, December 5, 2011

another surgery

Friday I had another surgery. I had some skin that didn’t survive my first surgery and this was just going back in there and getting rid of it. In some senses, it was a piece of cake. Shorter surgery..no hospital stay.

But I got a drain. And she stitched it to me on the scar from my last drain. And it was really asking a lot from non-elastic “scar” skin. Ugh. So I have been on heavy duty pain killers all weekend because of a stitch…not because of the surgery itself. I go later today to get my drain out. Maybe then I’ll notice my surgery site more.

She had to really work to get my wound taken care of and removed. She warned my husband about how I had a wavy horizontal scar now. By the time I finally got up the nerve Saturday night to unwrap everything and take a shower, we were both a bit anxious about what we were going to find.

And what we found wasn’t that bad. Not near what we had imagined we might see. But taking that shower about did me in, with all the stitch tugging and all. So I didn’t take a shower last night. Waiting on having the tube out to take a proper shower… hopefully with a lot less pain…later today.

6 comments:

Gberger said...

I hope that you will feel MUCH better after this appointment today, and that the doctor will have some good words of encouragement for you. I pray that you are healing and feeling better, body-mind-spirit, day by day, and that this whole experience will soon be receding in the rear-view-mirror. HUGS to you, my friend.

Robin said...

Oh, my dear.

Those drain stitches are SO painful. Who would believe it - one stitch = immobilizing pain.

I'm so glad for you that it's about out.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Ditto to Karen.
I know none of this is easy...and you have dealt with it so well. (as far as I can tell) I hope after this drain removal, your healing will speed up and your discomfort will cease. Just in time for Christmas; SO much to be thankful for....your well-being is A huge blessing.
xo

Jill said...

I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this. I'll continue to pray that things will progress quickly.

Wade's World said...

You've been on my mind so much lately. I hope that this is the last hurdle you have to jump through, and from here on out it's smooth sailing. ((Hugs))

Cheryl Barker said...

Sorry to hear you had to have the second surgery, Kay. Am hoping the surgery site is better by today. You are ever in my prayers!