We quickly planned our little trip. I think I ended up with two weeks lead time to get it all together. That’s a record, even for us. (we scheduled our first Disney trip 5 weeks out, which is unheard of for WDW planning)
Anyway, we left Saturday and drove most of the day. We entertained ourselves with music and the girl read some books.
Later in the day we made a little iPod taco in a napkin so it could rest in the cup holder. I had downloaded Skit Guys podcasts and we listened to a few of those as well.
We spent the night in Memphis and got up early Sunday and drove the rest of the way. We really enjoyed the lushness (is that a word???) of the trees since just about everything here is well, dead.
We arrived in the mid afternoon. When we got to Pigeon Forge, we had to navigate the town and find the offices for our cabin. Before long we were pulling up to our cabin.
It was impressive. So beautiful and exactly what you’d expect to see for a vacation rental. Rustic with all the comforts of home. : )
This is my favorite part. The swing. I spent a lot of time out there just enjoying the view.
The kitchen…excuse our junk.
Dining room..again with the junk.
My peeps chilling in the living room.
This is the view ‘up’ from the living room.
The cabin was amazing. There was a sleeping loft upstairs with a huge master bath. And a bedroom downstairs off the living area with another king bed and it’s own bath. The girl took that one. And there was a game room downstairs in the basement. With yet another bathroom. Each level had a balcony looking out over the smoky mountains. It was quite an a amazing view.
See…
I can almost feel the breeze just looking at that pic. Ahhhhh. : )
5 comments:
How lovely! WOW, the logs in that house - it looks like real old-fashioned craftmanship. I'll bet there's a story behind that. So glad that you and the family got to escape the heat into the beauty of another part of the country.
How beautiful!!! I am so glad you all got away....and enjoyed the lushness and cool mountain air. The views are great and I would have been on that swing too!!!
So, how long did it take you to get over the dead birds and deer on the wall?? :0
Cool cabin! I'm so glad you had a good time. I love the Smokies!
someday i am going to spend some time in tennessee :) friends went and loved it, then eric & laura went on a band trip and loved it... i've driven thru, but i think i wanna stop and stare at the mountains. and sit on that swing :)
Wow, green stuff, like trees and grass that is not burnt to a crisp. Didn't know they still made that stuff....
Post a Comment