Tuesday, September 27, 2011

easy chicken and potatoes…slow cooker style

This has got to be the easiest thing ever for the crock pot. And it’s also yummy and comforting too.

Just put a package of thawed chicken tenders in the bottom of the crock pot. I seasoned the meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried thyme and some sage powder.

And then cut up several potatoes. I halved and then sliced them about a quarter inch thick..or so. Nothing exact here. I just didn’t want big hunks of potato so they would be done in time. Anyway, I put those on top of the meat evenly.

And then poured two cans of this over the top…

P1040041

Chicken gravy. This is the Walmart generic version of Campbell’s chicken gravy. I’ve gotten both and the Great Value tastes better, in my opinion.

I also sprinkled a little bit of the seasonings on top of the gravy and lidded it up and turned it on low. The potatoes soak up some of the gravy so it didn’t turn out runny or overly wet. Just really homey and comforting. Great with a salad or steamed broccoli.

*side note: My slow cooker cooks fast so I start mine after lunch and it’s ready by dinner. You mileage may vary. : )

3 comments:

Gberger said...

Sounds yummy! Don't you just LOVE your crockpot? I love mine & depend on it for busy days, especially in winter.
Thanks for watching the video and for your supportive comments. It was hard, but it was worth it. The Townes have a wonderful foundation and they deserve all the support we can give! xoxo

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, my fave meals always come from my crock pot. This sounds great Kay. I will add it to my to-do-cooking list!!!!

Jill said...

That sounds good; maybe I'll try it. I'm always on the lookout for new and easy crock pot recipes.