Today we decided to eat lunch at Chili’s.
After all it is September…which is Create a Pepper time for St. Jude’s!
We go every year. We never know what, if anything will be said to us. But we don’t do it for us. We do it for our little guy. It’s a sweet way to memorialize him.
And make a donation at the same time.
We feel like our peppers also raise awareness. Because kids from every community across America are touched by this, even though most people don’t realize it.
So we asked to color peppers. Our waiter brought out three for us and we got to work. After we completed our peppers, I took pictures of them with hubs’ iPhone. I had intended to take my camera, but forgot. I’ve never taken pictures of our creations, but thought it would be fun. So that’s what I did.
And then our waiter came and took them and walked away. This is the part where we never know what’s going to happen next. I couldn’t see anything because he walked away behind me. We continued on with our conversations etc, but hubs was watching. The waiter carried them under his arm..and then back to the back..and then back again..and then they changed hands. The next thing we knew, the manager came to our table. He had been wanting to meet us, as he’s been reading our peppers for a few years.
I was blown away.
He said our peppers were the only ones they kept last year and they are having one of them framed and hung by the entrance.
I was so humbled. I told him I appreciated his kindness and thanked him for his kind words.
We held it together but our girl was in tears after he walked away. We were just beyond words that our little story has touched so many in our Chili’s.
6 comments:
How very kind, respectful and loving of your local Chilis. That story is just lovely. I'm sorry it shook your sweet girl, but I love that they CARE about Bub and your family, and all families touched by cancer. Hugs to you & your family.
Ditto to what Karen said. Finding kindness anywhere is always a blessing. Hugs to all of you Kay.
xo
What a special thing for your family. I'm so glad the manager took the time to come meet you. It sounds like a wonderful way to remember Bubs every year. I would love to see the pictures of your peppers.
Thank you Chilis :) and ditto what everyone else said!!!
Hugs to your family!!!
How touching!!!! Blessings to you and your family.
What a great story, Kay. So glad you all were still there and the manager was able to connect with you. What a blessing -- for all of you!
Post a Comment