Tuesday, September 6, 2011

it finally broke

It finally broke…the heat wave, that is. We had 60 something days over 100*.

That’s about 60 something too many!

I like summer and I really like warm weather, but that was stifling. We spent much of our summer indoors as it was just plain old sickening to be outside for any length of time.

As I write this, it’s still in the 60’s. We haven’t even SEEN the 60’s in several months….so let me just say Aaaaaaahhh! : )  I’m so thankful that maybe we are over the 100* stuff for the season.

But we really need rain. I am beginning to notice our troubles in the national media…we are having wildfires all over the place. It’s very bad. Several friends know people that have been touched by the fires. And they are still raging out of control.

Anyway, I’m enjoying it being just a little chilly in the house this morning. And the a/c not running continually for hours on end. So this is what quiet feels like. But as nice as this is, we are having wind and we need rain desperately, so please pray for our state.

3 comments:

Gberger said...

Sending prayers for your state - and for all in need, around the world. I"m grateful that your heatwave has broken!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I wish I could send TX all the rain we have been getting! I just saw on the national news about the fires in TX...makes me so sad.
Prayers are being sent up. Hey, have you tried any rain dances lately...they CAN help.
xo

Oh, and we won't feel anything like the 60's until maybe november...December???

Diana Ferguson said...

Hallelujah!! Weren't we so ready?! Praying for the fire victims.....