Saturday, August 20, 2011

that look in her eye

We’ve had a lot going on this week. Hubs folks have been visiting so that means I’ve made a few meals and had a few things to do to entertain the troops.

The other day I was about to run out the door to do an errand and I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the cat litter box needed to be scooped something fierce. Usually I just do it myself so I don’t have to listen to ‘it’.

And I think all you moms know exactly what ‘it’ is.

But I was in a rush, so I asked the girl to pwetty pwease take care of it for me. And then I passed through the house a couple of times before I walked out the door. As I walked past the bathroom, I could hear the grumbles…this is gross…I don’t like doing this…this is not any fun. (you know the drill)

So I replied…hmm, that’s odd. It’s loads of fun when *I* do it.

I am pretty sure there was some stink-eye-shootin’ in my general direction.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh yeah...I know this look and I am too familiar with the grumble. :) Kids, they don't know how good they have it.
Enjoy your peeps. (and not the poops!)

Wade's World said...

Gotta love the stink eye!!! I make Jeremy depoop our backyard, and a few weeks ago when he was out of town I had to cut the grass and depoop. I gagged the entire time! It.Was.Awful.

A few times of having to deal with "it" makes you appreciate someone else taking care of "it" for you!