Wednesday, August 17, 2011

vacuum troubles

I’ve been cleaning house today. Nothing huge…just the usual. Well ok, maybe a little more than the usual. I dusted. With spray and everything.

But things came to a screeching halt when my vacuum cleaner wasn’t working correctly. So I did what I always do and took apart the beater bar cover thing and cleaned all the people hair from around it. Sometimes that alone is enough to keep it from working. I got it put back together. On my second try. But it still wasn’t working.

I stared at it for a while and finally decided to call Dyson and talk to them about it. The nice lady showed me where the filter is. We’ve had this vacuum cleaner for a little more than 7 years and guess what?! I didn’t know where the filter was. And it’s supposed to be cleaned every few months. OOOOOPSY!

So! I got that all cleaned and let it air dry in front of the fan. I will spare you the scene of a laundry basket upside down propped up on one end with a stack of books and the fan blowing right on it. Patience is a virtue. That I don’t have.

I put it all back together a few minutes ago and it works. Yay. I was worried that something major was wrong and I really didn’t want to have to buy another one.

So the moral today…

1. Clean your filter more often than say…NEVER..and your vacuum cleaner will work great.

2. The only thing that is bad when it doesn’t suck is a vacuum cleaner. (thanks, I’ll be here all week)

The end. : )

ps..that is probably the first and last time I have ever blogged the word suck. Carry on..

6 comments:

Beckypdj said...

LOL :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I did this very same thing last year!!!!!! I was so thrilled to find out I could take care of the issue....
and having said that, it has been A year since I cleaned my filter thingy.
Time to clean it again.
Dontcha love your Dyson??

Cheryl Barker said...

Funny stuff :) I need to vacuum today. Hope I don't run into any problems! :)

Jill said...

Vacuum filters need cleaning???

And thanks for the chuckle about the word "suck." Don't think I've ever blogged it either, but sometimes I want to. It just fits. ( :

Gberger said...

You are a RIOT. I was going to refer you to Suz, the Dyson blogger, but I see she beat me to it. =) So glad that you got it all worked out before your in-laws arrived!

Anonymous said...

New here but I also have a dyson which works fine. However, I did not know it had a filter!! It's 2:47 in the morning (insomnia) and I just went to check and lo and behold, mine has a filter!! I'm going to clean it tomorrow!!!