Wednesday, February 2, 2011

in weather news today…

Remember when I said it sure was cold.

Well, I was only funnin’ then.

Because it’s REALLY cold now.

Like setting records.

We had rain, sleet, ice and snow within just a few hours. The schools are out today for the second day.

And today we are starting to have rolling power outages.

Yay.

I’ve already told the girl to hop in bed and cover up if the power goes off, because even though the power company says 15 minutes, it’s likely to be longer.

She and I are both sick with a sniffy, scratchy, viral something or other.

She’s a little bummed that “snow day” doesn’t have the same happy ring to it these days (since she does school online at home now).

But it’s too cold to go out or do anything anyway.

As in 14 degrees. And they were talking wind chills of 0 last night.

We left all the water dripping in the house last night and the cupboard door open under the sink since that’s an outside wall. So no problems there this morning.

But the water in the door of the frig isn’t working and I don’t know why.

I’m skeert.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Seems half the country has this terrible weather! Our power did come back on after 45 minutes last night. It is currently -13. No ice for us at least. We are on day 2 of snow (cold) day as well. Oh and only one frozen pipe.

So sorry you guys are sick, the little one and I are also sick and it takes a little fun out of the snow day but at the same time, thank goodness I don't have to go do anything! I hope you guys and a warm cozy laid-back day today!

Busy Bee Suz said...

On a light note, you crack me up with your funnin' and skeert!
I can't believe how bad the winter weather is in most of our country now. (it is 80 here today!!!)
I hope your power stays on...'cause, then the house will get very very cold. Right? Do you guys have a fireplace?
I hope you both feel better soon. Sounds like a hunker down, watch movies type of day. (if you have power!!!)
xoxox

Wade's World said...

I think a little part of me died when I read 14 degrees with a windchill of zero. I would just die!

And I really hope y'all are feeling better soon. Sick and cold aren't fun at all!

Beckypdj said...

Stay warm Kay, this cold has got to break soon :)