Wednesday, September 15, 2010

virtually speaking

As I’ve said, way too many times we’re doing online school. It seems to be a good fit and she is enjoying being able to work at her own pace, not being exhausted…

…and she’s enjoying an unexpected little bonus…the social life. Yep, you heard me right. She’s enjoying the social life of online school!

Who’dathunkit!

Today she came into the kitchen to tell me that the girls have created a 10th grade girls dorm, complete with a small kitchen (one of the girls was baking cookies today), bunk beds (there has already been some short sheeting going on) and a huge room with lots of windows and computer docks to do your school work (no word on any actual school work getting done). And some boys have already been trying to crash the dorm.

All virtually, of course.

But she’s loving the interaction and the girls are sweet. She has friends now from all walks of life. Some in our own backyard and others from around the world.

I can’t wait for the school dance!

No, I’m not kidding about the school dance…it’s already on the calendar and she’s excited about it! : )

6 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Sounds like fun stuff to me :)

Wade's World said...

I wish I could have virtually gone through junior high. It would have saved me a lot of heartache!

I'm glad that she's doing great. Homeschool may be the best thing that's ever happened to her!

Diana Ferguson said...

Fun times!!!

Gberger said...

Those "crazy kids." What fun, and how creative!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is so funny!!!!
I agree with Wade, virtual High School would have been so much better than the real thing!

Dawn said...

oh how funny! but i think it is great... just look at all the friends we have made here, in this virtual world :)