I’ve done a lot of scrapbooking. These days, I mostly do vacations and calendars for myself and my MIL. Well, I think scrapbooking our Disney trip did. me. in!
I’m a little burned out.
But I was at my scrapbooking girlfriend group a couple of weeks ago, and two of the girls were making jewelry! I’d seen the rows of beads in Hobby Lobby, but never stopped to try to figure out how you do that sort of thing.
I watched the girls and got more curious. So I checked out a great book from the library that showed all the nuts and bolts and basic how-to’s and I was off and running.
I’m not super fancy with it and probably won’t ever be, but it’s still fun learning something new.
I love the color turquoise, but don’t really have a lot of things to go with it. I might end up taking this one apart and starting all over. That’s been a theme with me while learning about this..take it apart and make it better or correct a mistake etc. But I’m learning.
And I made this one for the girl.
I love it because she’s always wanted a choker type necklace but because she’s so thin, they never fit her right. But I could make this one as long..or short..as we wanted and it fits her perfectly!
I made a bracelet to match the first one and I’ve also done some stuff with knotted thread. Very different look, but I’m not happy with that yet. I’ll show you this unique look when I complete something I like. : )
8 comments:
There's something about "creating" that is so therapeutic, if not downright fun. Years ago is did ceramics and absolutely loved it, though my results were anything but professional. I then graduated to toll painting, and even flower arranging. I've come to the conclusion that my personal creative flare(s) center on home-decorating and word-crafting. What joy they are to me!
Have a blast,
Kathleen
Good for you! I have been thinking of dabbling in jewelry making. I might have to see if my library has that book.
Looks like fun stuff!!
That's great!! You did a wonderful job.
It's always fun to switch hobbies now and then, to keep the inspiration fresh. And learning a new skill is good for "the little gray cells," as Inspector Poirot calls them. =) So glad that you're enjoying this!
i love beads...just fun putting them all together and playing! and then you have something useful! ok, maybe just something pretty. pretty useful! i'm going to take a look at that book!
i LOVE this book series! i guess i am a visual learner :) i'm going to have to look and see if my library has it!
(i have this series in knitting & croteching, photoshop & web design!)
These are SO pretty Kay!
LoLo loves making jewelry, I have never tried making it, but enjoy being on the receiving end.
Have fun!
Post a Comment