
1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture. Stinging and flying things. I don’t want an unpredictable bug getting on me while I try to kill it.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do? I bought a set of cheap washcloths and use those to wipe down the counters. I probably have 25 or more and I wash all of them every week, thus saving at least 50 paper towels a week! Woot!
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you. ??? I got nothin’.
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances? Nope.
5. What do you consider your best feature? I have no idea. Um..my eyes. My empathy for others. I know that’s not a feature, which we tend to think of as a physical characteristic, but I was trying to go a little deeper.
6. What was the last concert you went to? Chris Tomlin!!! Loooved it!
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced. Ohmigosh! This question alone is the reason I decided to jump into the Random again this week, even though life has been kinda busy lately. My husband and I used to go to a church that was very um..shall we say ”high church”. They had an orchestra and only sang hymns and the ‘special music’ was very VERY traditional. One Sunday there was special music. An older lady went up and began to sing. She had a beautiful voice. But it was kind of...operatic sounding. Lots of high notes. And we couldn’t understand what she was singing. And for some reason we both looked at each other got tickled about that simple fact. And we both (silently) giggled and giggled until I thought we were going to bounce right out off the pew. We were both so embarrassed that we ‘lost it’ like that, and we had the hardest time reigning it all in and moving on. We couldn’t even look at each other through the rest of the service, lest we bust out laughing. Another story involved us going to a wedding and the mother of the bride standing up in front of everybody at the start of the wedding but at the wrong time and letting out a loud “&^%$#*” and sitting back down. Awkwaaaard!
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer? I can’t whistle. I think I am mostly a singer, but only in a crowd or when nobody else is listening. I miss the years my daughter was oblivious enough that I could just belt it out off key along with the cd and not be embarrassed or hear a “mo-om!”.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute? That it is all His and I need to be in awe of Him every moment.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010? Um..another day of homeschool.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.) I am a patriotic sort, so the Liberty Bell. But I’m not exactly a history buff..and I like mexican food, so maybe Taco Bell instead. (although I don’t like Taco Bell!)
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships? yes.
To see how other people feel about the Liberty Bell and what bugs they’re afraid of and a bunch of other stuff, head on over to Linda’s place at 2nd Cup!
7 comments:
What a funny church story! hehe. I've giggled enough to think the whole pew was probably rattling too! HA! I like the whole rag thing too! Good idea! I would like to do more, but sometimes I give myself excuses to be more convenient (rather than "green") because I live on a college campus and some things just aren't realistic. But it's just an excuse!
Love the church story!
And Jackson's already telling me to stop singing, and he's only 4!
I enjoyed all your answers!!!
You always crack me up Kay.
What kind of question is that with taco bell???? hello??? it is cheap mexican food. :)
I enjoy your greening with rags. Although, living in my little bubble, I thought EVERYONE used rags and NOT paper towels. :)
Oh, hey it is bright out here from under my rock....
xoxoxo
Suz
Oh, the giggles!! I remember singing 'Leaning on the Everlasting Arms' once and, on the chorus, which is 'Leaning, Leaning"...I leaned on my husband. For some reason we got tickled and began to choke back the giggles...and the pastor actually asked us, from the podium (small church!!), what was so funny...we couldn't explain...
I have had a giggle fest in church many times and had to leave! Great list.
Back when I was in college, I got the giggles with a friend at a wedding once. Very embarassing :)
Post a Comment