Tuesday, July 27, 2010

thinking cool thoughts

It’s hot. I know I’ve said that one or twenty times of late.

So today I went looking through pictures of vacations and the like to find some pictures taken in cooler weather. I thought it might make me and all my hot weather buddies feel a little better. So here goes…

These are taken out the window of the cog train as we rode up Pikes Peak.

The first pic is Boo’s cute little giraffe she got at the zoo. He seems to be enjoying the ride.

DSC00917 

Snow!!!

DSC00920

We made it to the top….aaaand then felt light headed and couldn’t wait to ride back down. : )

DSC00931

It was so pretty as we rode up…and down. And nice and cool at the top. Loved seeing the snow in the middle of summer!

P1020531

And then there is me…playing outside in the snow, sporting a lovely car coat, as my mother always called it. The yellow “fur” around the face really adds that classy touch, don’t you think?! I must have been just 5 or 6 when this was taken. (This is one of my slides that I took a picture of.)  The snow looks pretty deep… for Texas.

I say it’s hot, but it rained a little bit last night and right now (middle of the afternoon), it is only 90 degrees out.

And that’s not too bad… for Texas.

6 comments:

Wade's World said...

It's almost 100 here right now. I would sell my pinky toe for fall weather right now!

Gberger said...

It's hard to imagine that kind of heat...we had one day at 103 last summer and that was a record! The 80s are about it here, normally. That means that VERY few folks have A/C (and some of us don't even have a good fan)! I hope you have A/C and lots of ice in your freezer. A movie theater is a cool place, but so few of movies are good! =) Maybe a nice, cool daiquiri or a slurpee?

Jill said...

What a "cool" thought! ( : Maybe I'll get some of my snow pictures out. It's hot here too, and being pregnant certainly doesn't help!

Thena said...

It's been right around 100 here for over a week with heat index of 110-115. Those that hate the cold I say you can add clothes if your cold. But you can only take so much off if your hot. :)

Dawn said...

oh it seems to be settling into HOT everywhere. how fun to peek in on a cool vacation :) hope that a few cool breezes are whispering through your neighborhood soom!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those are great photos Kay!
I could use a blast of arctic air as well...can't wait until I can walk out to the mailbox and back and then NOT have to re-take a shower.
it was 98 yesterday...but felt like 110. Come ON FALL!!!