Tuesday, July 20, 2010

summer is…

Summer is kind of lazy. And a lot of HOT. 

The girl got her braces and she’s pretty much gotten used to having a mouth full of metal. We had to go in today to have a bracket removed. It fell off but was hanging by a wire.

Sometimes I feel like that. LOL

We went to an amusement park a week or so ago. She’s not much of a coaster girl and has managed to avoid them. But we thought she needed to be initiated so we got the girl on one of those loop-tee-loop roller coasters. She waited through the line hunting for a place to turn around and actually walked across the seats to the other side when she was supposed to be getting on and we had to put her in the ride chair. We are such loving parents. *smiling sweetly*

I’ve been making a lot of these too.

P1020954

Smoothies!  Chocolate ones. YUM.

Excuse the fancy cups. She has a fun one and I use a Spring Creek BBQ kiddie cup. It’s the perfect size. : ) 

They’re so good, I’m thinking about just calling them milk shakes, but then again, that doesn’t have the healthy ring to it, does it?!

But they are pretty healthy, see?!

2 cups unsweetened almond milk (that’s 4 carbs total), handful of frozen mango and strawberries, 2 frozen bananas, a splash of vanilla, couple spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 3 packets of Sun Crystals.

And then put the spurs to it!

Deee-lish! Serve almost daily.

5 comments:

Beckypdj said...

They look good to me!! what are Sun Crystals? a sweetener?

Diana Ferguson said...

I'll take one of those, please!

Wade's World said...

Sounds delicious!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your slushie sounds awesome.
I laughed at you initiating her on the roller coasters....such sweet parents. So, did she like it???
take care, Suz

HWHL said...

That sounds SOOOO good! It has been crazy-hot here too... in the mid 90's. I am OVER it!

Love mangoes and strawberries... may have to try those myself.

Stay cool! :)

-Tracey (a/k/a HWHL)