Jump off couch when I hear the alarm clock go off. Sit in the hallway. Staring. Waiting on movement.
Maybe get on bed and beg for rubs. Or maybe not. Depends.
Hop on bathroom counter. Waiting on the faucet to be turned on. Hope he turns on the water. If so, take a drink.
Run into living room. Plop down on the floor in front of the big guy. Waiting on neck rubs. Get mad as he tends to move his hand like he’s rubbing my neck but I have to get up and get under his hand to get rubbed. Roll around and act cute, hoping he will change his mind. Roll around some more. Either give in and go under the hand or get mad and walk away. Depends.
Sit in front of bowl waiting on her to feed me.
It doesn’t matter if there is food there; keep waiting for fresh stuff. Meow a little if she doesn’t get a move on. Rub up against table legs and act cute if she still doesn’t get a move on. But don’t let her pet me.
Finally eat breakfast. Take care of business. And then lay in wait for the other people to eat breakfast.
Get excited if the mom eats toast. Beg for the crust. Touch it with nose and swat it out of the saucer. If she’s having cereal, have a cow until she lets me lick some of the almond milk left in the bottom of the bowl. Then, move on.
Wait on the kid to get moving. See what she’s having for breakfast. I like to let her pet me on the head while she eats. Cuz I’m nice like that.
Go to the bathroom counter again and wait for the mom to turn on the water. Glare at her if she only turns it on for herself. How selfish.
Take a nap.
And another one.
Lay on a piece of tissue paper they’ve left on the floor for me.
Or maybe crawl in a box some new shoes just came in. I think they’re keeping it around just for me.
Take another nap. And another one.
Wake up long enough to play with a gnat or tiny toy for about 5 seconds.
Take another nap.
Stare out a window for a while.
Or sleep hide under the bed.
Lay on the couch with the big guy while he watches tv. Sometimes he’ll pet me without me begging.
Stare a hole through him because he’s not petting right away.
Beg for midnight snack.
Go to bed on the couch. But not on the blanket they provide for me. On the couch. The red chenille looks much prettier against my white fur.
Wait for the alarm to go off so I can do it all again.
Yes, she is a very predictable cat. And yes, she does these things every single day. Funny kitty! : )
5 comments:
This is so funny!!!!
I laughed at the 'have a cow' blip.
She is living a good life....jealous!!!!
She has it made! I'm kinda jealous....all those naps!
Oh wow I'll have to post one of those, my cats totally have a whole routine as well. Sooo funny!
Wow, "A Day in the Life of a Cat" could be a best-selling novel!
Aren't creatures amazing?
Blessings,
Kathleen
Cute post, Kay! :)
Post a Comment