**edit** I lost 2 comments tonight. They just went poof when I went to read them. If you can't find your comment, I didn't delete it. Would ya leave it again so I'll know what you said? Pweeese? : )
We’re sliding into an easy rhythm of summer. I like it.
I took the girl to the ortho a little over a week ago and her day had finally come. She got her braces. She spent several days getting used to having a mouthful of brackets and wires. And all the new rules about eating and cleaning.
She’s about to get there, though.
We decided to make a quick run to see hub’s family. Had a nice time. The weather was mild and much more enjoyable than it’s been for almost a month.
The driving to and from is never fun though. We are talking one looong day in the car.
And now we have this new little twist.
We’ve perfected using a bottle of water and an empty cup and the vanity mirror on my side in the van to get her teeth brushed after eating a meal on the road. That’s all I’m gonna say.
Two words: Not. fun.
The thought of using a public sink somewhere to brush her teeth just about gags me to death. So we made do and even though it wasn’t fun, we got it just about figured out by the time we got home.
Braces are thuper fun. Especially on the road.
7 comments:
This made me laugh.
Yeah, braces are thuper....so are you. :)
Glad all is well and she is a thuper duper trooper. It is always worth the trouble and the $$ when they get their pretty pearly whites later on.
Yeth, bratheth are thuper. We went through them with David, too.
Bleth her heart. Thee will love the rethulth.
I went through braces for 2 years. They are not fun, but totally worth it in the end!
Word of advice: when she chooses the color rubber bands that go around the brackets, have her try to get black rubber bands. It sounds weird, but they make teeth look sparkling white.
Also, avoid brown, yellow and orange rubber bands at all costs because of how dingy they make teeth look!
I remember those days. I don't think I ever bothered to clean mine after every meal, though. She'll love it when she gets them off! I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror for days. ( :
Wait to you see that smile one of these days!!
Wow...I had them when I was a kid, but don't remember brushing on the road. Hmmm...now you're making me wonder.
I hope she's adjusting and it's well worth it.
:-) Susan
Ah, the days of girls with braces. I remember them well. Not fun but sure worth it in the long run. Tell her to hang in there :)
Post a Comment