Wednesday, July 8, 2015

the root of all sorts of evil

I got a root canal when the girl was in middle school. It never gave me any problems after that (or so I thought) and I never thought another thing of it.

Until I started reading about health. And guess what kept coming up again and again? Root canals! And just how awful they are for your health. Many in the natural cancer treatment community believe root canals are a major contributor.

Well..not good news for me to hear. So I started researching holistic and naturopathic dentists.  And finally I found one that didn't act like I was crazy for wanting to get a root canal OUT rather than putting one in.

So yesterday I got it out. I love this dentist. I think I will be using him for everything (for me) now. But back to 'the story'...he was very kind and listened to my concerns about my tooth and how that I wanted to get it removed. He agreed that we could go ahead and get that thing out. In the back of my mind I kept thinking that I was going to feel real silly if he pulled that thing out and it was 'perfectly fine'. I knew he would be rolling his eyes and I would feel like I had caused myself a lot of pain 'for nothing'.

Long story longer..he pulled my tooth. Oh my word. It was a bit dramatic. He had a hard time getting the crown off and I found myself wishing for knock out drugs about three minutes into the fierce tugging and stretching of the corners of my mouth to get his horrible instrument 'all the way back there' to get it out. But finally he got the crown cover and then the tooth out. Then came the scraping. By this time my brain had calmed down and the mouth stretching wasn't as severe so I 'relaxed' and he finished up the job.

And then he sat back and took of his face gear and told me the story. He said it was a super good thing that I had it removed because it was full of infection! None of it showed up on xrays etc. Remember, I wasn't having any 'problems' with it. He said it certainly wasn't a wasted effort on my part to get this thing out.

So here I sit today. Recovering. I actually feel pretty good. Last night, not so much. I took three Advils twice yesterday but haven't needed anything today. I have a chipmunk cheek on one side, my cheek is sore to the touch and the corner of my lip was stretched enough to crack. That is actually the most sore part right now.  He gave me aloe vera gel to put on the tooth area, arnica cream for the TMJ area of my jawline externally and a scrip for heavy duty pain meds that I haven't needed. I feel half way decent, given the circumstances.

Now for the interesting part..the tooth that I had removed was #2. There is a thing called a meridian chart that shows how each tooth corresponds to a part of the body. Guess which part of the body #2 corresponds to...my right breast. I will only give you one chance to guess where my BC was. Yep! When I figured all of that out, it sent chills down my spine.  And I am so thankful to get it out.

Mainstream doctors annoy me so much! Nothing they do is in unison with the rest of the body in their world but it is. And I think my root canal is proof of that.

So...my .02...think twice about that root canal. It could do more harm than good.

Further reading about the dangers of root canals here, here and here.  And those are just quick links I grabbed. There is a ton of info out there. Just don't ask a regular dentist. ; )

4 comments:

Wade's World said...

I had never before heard of the connection with the teeth and the body before you mentioned it to me. It's fascinating. So glad you got that out, and hope you have a super speedy recovery!

Gberger said...

That is so interesting! I had a massive infection last summer and had a root canal, and it was a bad experience. The dentist lost a drill bit in my tooth and could not get it out. He basically filled it in with the compound that he was going to use, because I couldn't take any more of his pulling, digging and tugging. I will have to look up your links. GOOD FOR YOU, for advocating for yourself! XO

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is all news to me....and not good news. I can't tell you how many root canals I've had. I believe I have more fake parts in my mouth than natural. Crapola.
I'm so glad that you did this for yourself though and I have a feeling you make a cute chipmunk!!
XXOO

Dawn said...

that is mind boggling!!! wow. so glad you went with our gut.
haha! i am just glancing up at suz's comment about you being a cute chipmunk. she is probably right!!!