Friday, August 21, 2015

this little piggy went to Walmart

I woke up in the night last night to a weird smell in the house. In my groggy state, it finally hit me...nail polish. She had polished her nails..all of them..right before she went to bed.

What a horrible smell. Worse than that, a VOC!

It got me to thinking. I have read articles and pins about not horrible for you nail polishes, but had yet to take the plunge and purchase any. I have just done without because it's not that big of a deal.

Well. Today it became a big deal. No reason. I was kinda crabby and needed in a pick me up. So thanks to google,  I had a list of possibilities. But one stood out because of it's cute name. Piggy Paint.

The more I read about it, the better I liked it. And they carry it at Walmart.

So this little piggy went to market and got some Piggy Paint!

It is in the kiddie section of health and beauty. (it is also carried in some baby stores and some froo froo boutiques on Main Street in a suburb near me) Walmart carried a two pack of what I would call tester bottles. Very tiny. I got hot pink and really pretty turquoise kinda like color (just go with it). I also got a bottle of remover. All vegan. All no VOC. No smell at all to the paint and very very little in the remover.

I came home and painted my piggies. They are hot pink and oh so cute! It was such a simple thing but it lifted my mood so much to look down past my hot pink tee shirt, and see my hot pink piggies in my hot pink flip flops. Made. Me. Smile.

So there ya go.

(They also have an adult line, a pooch line and a toenail line among other things. Worth checking out. But the kiddie stuff comes in many colors and if I like the wearability of it, I will just stick with it. It's easy and fast.)

Happy piggies. :)

ps..I should add that my girl rarely paints her nails, so it's not like she was exposing herself to these toxins every time she turned around. : )

3 comments:

Cheryl Barker said...

Kay, last week my girls gave me a Mother/Daughter trip to Kansas City for my birthday, and they treated me to first-ever professional pedicure. I loved it! And it looks so much better than when I do it myself. They used OPI nail polish so I bought some! :) By the way, I was so excited about the trip the girls planned for us. Best birthday ever!

Wade's World said...

I'm going to have to try piggy paint. I love my piggies to be polished, and hate the smell of the regular stuff. Thanks for the heads up on a new product!

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a great idea. Sadly, Lolo paints her nails every few days!!!! I do mine every few weeks and I'm a huge fan of turquoise!!! Let me know how it held up for you. I'd love to get my child on something healthier.
Miss you so much. I've been a busy bee, so into my own day to day dramas....but you are on my mind.
LOVE!!!!!
XOXO
Suz