I think I am finally making some headway. Finally.
When I would go to speech therapy she would comment on getting on the floor and doing belly breathing and then I should be ok for a while and maybe have to come back later and do it again to get back to center etc. I was all 'do what?' because as soon as I would get up, I would be struggling again.
I went to therapy Tuesday and once again we started the session on the table breathing. And then we talked more about changes I could make at home to help relieve stress.
And then Wednesday came and I had a massage. {cue angelic music}
Wednesday's massage was with the owner and was very different from the one last week. There was more stretching and she worked specifically on opening up my rib cage. And from then on I was breathing better.
And since Wednesday I could do some breathing on the floor and really get up and enjoy some 'good time' when I wasn't solely focused on breathe in, breathe out. Lather rinse repeat. Also I have been adding in some chamomile tea and some passionflower tea...both of which are very calming and stress relieving.
I am not there yet. Not by a long shot. But I am finally improving and that is encouraging to me.
Can't wait for early next week. Another massage. And perhaps this week, my speech therapist will release me.
So I am making the move from surviving to thriving. One breathe at a time. One speech session at a time. One massage at a time. One cup of tea at a time.
I am looking forward to putting this chapter of my health behind me. Except for the massage part. I'm hanging on to these gals. : )
3 comments:
Hooray! That is wonderful news! As you know, I am a "believer" in the benefits of massage therapy, and am so glad that you are having it.
I just took a class in Reiki (1st degree), which is a kind of energy therapy. It is being used in hospitals now, and is very relaxing and healing, but in a different way than massage.
Thriving is wayyyyyy better than surviving. I'm so happy you're on the other side of this health scare. Wishing you all the best...and yes, hang on to the massage peeps!!!
So glad you are making some headway. Been praying for you!
Post a Comment