Another boring update on my VCD...this is mainly for me so I can remember everything. But feel free to follow along. ; )
So the past week and a half haven't been so great. I had therapy Tuesday and it was mainly discussing what I'm already doing and thinking about some things differently. She set me up to have four additional sessions, because I have all the mechanics 'but I'm not there yet'. yeah.
Right after my therapy session, I called my crunchy dr to see about coming in for another adjustment and some more acupuncture. So I did that. The acupuncture was much more comfortable this time than last. Needle placement different. Weird, but much better. He also wanted me to do some saline nebulizer treatments to moisten things up. I tried it some tuesday and yesterday but breathing out of my mouth makes me feel like I'm hyperventilating by the time the neb treatment is over. Say it with me...in through the nose and out through the mouth. I caught myself doing that with my neb and that's not going to do me much good. lol
Then yesterday my VCD was out of control. And I cried off and on all day. Several reasons. Some of which I can't go into here, but I also read that things can be worse the next day after acupuncture including being weepy and feeling worse. So I don't know what to make of that.
And today is better. So maybe it has to get worse before it can get better. I dunno.
I have been taking a scrip that is really for drainage every night to help me sleep. I wasn't very fond of needing to do that. So last night I took a melatonin and hoped for the best. I was able to rest decent. Cat was tearing around on the bed and that woke me up. I also woke up with a headache in the middle of the night. Not surprising since I was awake/asleep/awake/asleep several times. I didn't really want to 'take' anything so I took some ginger. On an empty stomach. Which might have been a mistake. Feeling off today, even though my breathing is better.
Tomorrow I am getting a massage. I'm hoping I don't have to go through the same 'next day is worse' routine like I just passed through. My speech therapist encouraged me to get a massage at a place like Massage Envy which is a chain. They were kind of afraid of me. So I found a place in a nearby suburb that specializes in dealing with people with medical issues through massage. Much better fit. That is tomorrow morning bright and early. Kind of excited but nervous too. Kind of awkward. Never had a massage. Never really wanted a massage. But I also want to breathe.
She also recommended that I look into restorative yoga which is fancy for a lot of breathing with some manipulatives. I looked into it but I was not comfortable with it and knew I would not be able to 'relax'. So I am passing on that one. Kinda dread having to tell her I skipped out on that.
My therapist is a breathing nerd so she has done many of these things and overcome many challenges in regards to her own voice in her lifetime. She is such a sweetie. This really isn't a journey I would wish on anyone but I'm thankful there are people like her with the knowledge to help.
2 comments:
Kay, I go for massage therapy regularly - my grandmother had a massage EVERY WEEK of her adult life, and she is the one who got me started. She had multiple health issues and lived to be 96! Her massage therapist used to say, "What you pay your masseuse, you don't end up paying your doctor." = )
Massage has helped me so much with releasing stress and grief, as I'm not much of a "crier." There is no need to be nervous, and you should speak up if anything isn't comfortable for you. They can (and should) vary the pressure and kind of touch to your needs/likes/dislikes, so do speak up! It is a gift.
Oh my friend….I just can't believe all you are going through. I wish I could make it better somehow; it seems you at least have some good people in your camp trying to guide you in the healthy direction.
I hope the massage helped; and like Karen said, speak up if anything is uncomfortable to you.
XOXO
Post a Comment