Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Co Springs and Estes Park

So we went to Estes Park, Colorado, which took us two days to drive. On the second day, we knew we were running a little bit early to be let into our cabin, so we stopped in Colorado Springs for a little bit.

On our last visit to the Garden of the Gods, we didn’t have very long to get out and walk around, so we feel like filled in those gaps last week. 

Enjoy the pics.

P1040136

P1040142

Tiny red dot in the middle of the pic below is a rock climber. Crazy.

P1040149

WE on the other hand, stayed on the sidewalk. ; )

P1040154

We arrived in Estes around 2 and were able to check into our cabin. We stayed at a small group of cabins/resort sort of thing called Solitude Cabins. In a word, they were great. Super clean and comfortable. With everything we would think of needing plus a little bit more.

The kitchen from upstairs.

P1040159

Dining area…and hubs mapping out our day.

P1040158

Living area…the only thing I wasn’t crazy about was the direction our cabin was situated…the sun was a bit much sometimes.

P1040161

P1040162

Our cabin was called…

P1040166

…Black Bear Cabin. And the owners carried that theme subtly throughout. Cute.

P1040169

P1040172

Our little cabin from the outside. : )

P1040338

Mule deer are common around town. I spied this little sweetie right outside our cabin.

P1040441

And so are ELK. This pic was taken a couple of blocks from our cabin. And the next one was taken in the yard right outside. There were several mule deer and elk together, but this one was content to just lounge in the yard. 

P1040257

P1040258

And that doesn’t even count what we saw in the park!

I walked around to the front of the resort to take the pic from this post, and had to be careful not to step in elk poo. You know you aren’t in Texas Kansas anymore when you have to watch for elk stuff.

We stayed in Estes but several of our days were spent inside Rocky Mountain National Park. More to come…

6 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh this made my toes tingle...I LOVE this area of our country. I've only been there twice but I loved it both times! Your little cabin looks so wonderful and relaxing.
And those deer???? They are gorgeous and sweet.
{How anyone could hunt them I don't know?}
Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.

Oh, the Garden of the Gods is so beautiful too....*sigh* I want to go back!
xo

Gberger said...

How beautiful and peaceful-looking! It must have been refreshing to be in Colorado, after the heat in TX. And those deer & elk are awe-inspiring. I'm so glad that you were able to get away with your family to this lovely place.

Diana Ferguson said...

One of our favorite spots during vacations with our children!!! Love that area.

Wade's World said...

Love the pics! Never been to Co. Springs, but I loved Estes Park. Can't wait to see more pics!

Wade's World said...

Love the pics! Never been to Co. Springs, but I loved visiting Estes Park. So pretty! CAn't wait to see more pics.

P.S. Anyone climbing mountains like that are clearly crazy!

Dawn said...

how pretty!!!! and so glad you stayed on the sidewalk! eek!!! your cabin looks pretty too... i think i would love sitting in that sun :)

and the elk! seeing them at the grand canyon last summer was so exciting!!!!