Saturday, August 25, 2012

mountain morning

I woke up Thursday morning before anybody else. Which isn’t unusual for me. I like the quiet.

On this day, I slipped out of my warm bed and went into the living area, determined to take it all in. I wanted to savor this place. I raised the shade on the back door and looked past the trees and curved road to the mountains in the distance.

I loved the blue hue they gave off in the early barely-day light.

I looked around our small cabin and took in all the sweet touches that made this place a wonderful vacation home in in the Rockies.

I wanted to remember not just how it looked, but how it felt. The bags were packed and I knew within an hour or two we would be leaving for Texas.

My heart felt light and happy. I felt something I had not felt in a while.

Solitude.

I was ready to come home. 

P1040336

Pics and stories to come…of course. ; )

4 comments:

Gberger said...

I'm thankful to read this - and looking forward to the larger story. God bless you!

Beckypdj said...

Glad you found the perfect vacation spot. I look forward to hearing more.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, I am so happy!
I thought about you so many times this past week...hoping you were having a wonderful time!
"There's no place like home"
xoxoxo

Dawn said...

so you decided on a vacation AND enjoyed!! just that one snapshot looks lovely. and i am all about early morning! i can't wait for the stories & a few omre pictures!