Monday, April 9, 2012

a new topper

I’ve mentioned before that I have had a lot of trouble sleeping in my bed since my first surgery. As a matter of fact, I had been sleeping in the recliner until recently.

We have had a sleep number bed for quite a few years. And I thought it was a dream come true until all of this happened. It just didn’t support me correctly. And it caused pressure points in weird places because of all my new stuff.

Enter the memory foam topper!

We bought a memory foam topper from the sleep number store and it has been a dream come true. I can finally sleep comfortably. It is soft, yet it supports my body without putting pressure anywhere. Love love love!

Yes, they smell. But we let it air out for about a week and then put it on the bed. I can’t even describe the difference this thing has made. I woke up this morning on my back…and nothing was hurting.

So! If you’re struggling with your bed…you might try adding a topper. It’s much less expensive than buying a whole new mattress etc. It does make the bed two inches higher and it makes a bigger difference than we thought it would. Thankfully I use Lands End sheets anyway, and they are generous. And my comforter is a bit large too..which is a miracle…they are usually cut so small.

So there you have it. Memory foam. <3

Disclaimer: I bought everything myself and sleep number and Lands End have no idea who I am..except for the other day when I was lamenting to a Lands End rep on the phone because they discontinued my favorite tank top. But other than that, no idea. : )

3 comments:

Gberger said...

Thank you for this recommendation. That's a great endorsement. I slept on one during a sleepover at a friend's house a few years ago, and I loved it, but to know that this has helped with your discomfort is even more wonderful to hear! Hooray for memory foam!

Dawn said...

do you know i've been thinking about one of these?! hmmm...

(and i have not forgotten about you! xoxo)

Busy Bee Suz said...

How rude of Land's End to stop selling your favorite tank top. I'd start a picket line. :)
I am so glad you found something to help you sleep....lord knows our sleep IS so important!!!
So, now you are sleeping well? The world is your oyster...shoot for the stars my friend, you can do anything you want!