Wednesday, April 25, 2012

bluebonnets and grace

The other day, the hubs and I went for a walk along the city’s walk and bike trails. And this is what we saw…

P1040058

..bluebonnets. Lots and lots of bluebonnets! They are the state flower and very much beloved.  It’s very common to see them in state parks and along the highway.

And in city parks too.

P1040054

I just had to take pics. I love them so much!

P1040062

Just so pretty.

P1040060

Which brings me to my little bloggy makeover. I have to give a big shout out to (Suz who talked to) Dawn at Beyond Grace who made the header (Using one of my pics) and all the little label pics. They are so cute. I love pink but even I was getting tired of the brightness with my old design. This is very fresh, crisp and clean. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Thanks Dawn! : )

8 comments:

Gberger said...

I love your blog's makeover!

Are the bluebonnets due to the efforts of Lady Bird Johnson? I thought I read somewhere that she was a flower-lover and a great advocate of public beautification. They are lovely!

Dawn said...

oh my gosh, you did it!!!! and i love it! it looks so pretty!!! i think the header needs to be longer :) i will see what i can do!

and thank you for the lesson in bluebonnets :) i am now in love, even though i am not from texas :)

Kim said...

Beautiful blog makeover! Love it!!

Wade's World said...

Love the new look!!! Super fresh and pretty.

And I've never seen a blue bonnet in person, but they are so pretty!

Cheryl Barker said...

Love the makeover, Kay! So pretty -- refreshes the spirit!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I LOVE it. As soon as I saw the header I thought: DAWN!!!
This is wonderful....a nice little update. I likey.
While we were in Chicago, I swear I saw bluebonnets. I said to Jeff, don't you recognize those flowers from Texas?
I'll just let you know he is a regular {but amazing} guy who didn't recognize the TX flowers!
Miss you my friend!
xoxo

nanette@momneverstops.com said...

Great pictures. enjoying reading your posts

Jill said...

I love your blog's new look, and the bluebonnet pictures are beautiful!