The buzz all around is that Paula Deen *finally* admitted to having type 2 diabetes. Surprise!
not.
I feel bad that she’s got diabetes. I really do. But what bugs me are the recipes all the FN “stars” put out. Just about everything is decadent. It’s all about taste and not very often about health or nutrition. I find myself totally uninterested in Food Network (and sadly we don’t get the Cooking Channel) because there isn’t anything on there I want to eat! Every once in a while Rachael Ray will make something that is healthy…she is all over the board with her recipes, so sometimes it’s good for ya. And I know I can think of recipes here and there that are ok, so I don’t want to get nailed for this. But by and large, most of the stuff on that channel is bad for you.
When are these cooking stars going to start taking things more seriously and use their powers for good instead of evil make healthy food???
And especially Paula because she has now gone on tv and admitted she has a disease directly linked to the way she eats…whether she wants to admit it or not. I know there are other factors…trust me I know…both my parents were diabetic. But what we eat is a big player in this. A big one.
Come on “stars”…help us eat good food that’s healthy too!
4 comments:
What bugs me about this subject is while we can indulge once in awhile, it seems to me they are acting like it is ok to eat this stuff ALL THE TIME. Geez, how many sticks of butter is too much LOL
I have a recipe blog, admittedly a small one, but the recipes are healthy. You can get to it from my original blog.
Hugs to you Kay, you sound like you feel pretty good :)
I agree! They say that obesity is the cause of many of the health problems prevalent in America today, and that will impact our health-care system, our health insurance - everything related. It is too bad that more attention is not paid to preventing obesity by teaching good nutrition, portion control, exercise, etc., starting in school (home-ec or P.E.). Maybe you could start a movement, requesting it?
I saw this morning all the hype and hoopla about PD....but I had to leave before the actual interview. So, she really does have diabetes? So sad. And yes, this type of daily eating is really really bad for us...and for Paula! Jeff's Dad and brother both have diabetes and Jeff is borderline!!! Makes me kinda crazy. I keep reminding the kids that this is in their genes and they have to be careful of their diet and health. (like they listen at 16 and 18!)
I agree too....and I am more attracted to the cooking shows with GOOD healthy food that I can make and eat daily!
xoxo
Maybe Paula getting diabetes will send a stronger message than anything she could say. I agree: eating like that will catch up with you sooner or later, and our "role models" shouldn't try to make us believe any different.
Post a Comment