I told myself.. and y’all that I was going to start working on photos from when my kids were little.
Both kids.
Including before Bub’s illness, during and beyond.
I have started the process.
Since there are pix of both kids, I had to decide how I was going to do ‘this’. Here is what I decided. I did not want to constantly bombard the girl with pix of her brother and yet I didn’t want to erase him from everything either. So I separated the pix quite a bit. I have a book of her and a book of him (so we can look at them from time to time). But if both kids are together, I put just a few of those in her book. It still gives her a sense of when he was with us, but it is mostly about her. I think that will work out well for us without being ‘in your face’ about everything.
I have many pix that were taken of Bub when he was sick. I wanted to document everything, so that if he made it, he could see how far he came. So now they just remind me of everything we all went through..including him of course. What a strong, brave little man. It still astounds me that he rarely complained or even said he was in pain. Very remarkable for a three year old.
In the last few weeks, I have done from January when he was diagnosed, through July when he was having radiation. I opened those pics today and just broke down. I have gone as far as I can go today (after doing several rolls from earlier, including when we shaved his head at diagnosis).
It’s very hard to look at picture after picture of my baby all sick like that. It just conjures up all sorts of images that I don’t dwell on very often.
It just hurts.
5 comments:
Great solution for the pictures. I hate it that you all had to go through all the sickness and the sadness that goes with it.
I can't wait to see Bub's smiling little face in Heaven :)
Hugs to you my blogging friend.
Kay, I can see how draining this would be. For you to open yourself up to all those memories again...I know you are a positive person and choose to remember the best of times...but you do have photos from the 'not best of times'.
I am wondering, if you really need to put those in a book at all...you know, when he was not doing good. Just keeping those in a special envelope maybe? What do I know??? nothing...just thinking out loud.
I have a feeling that big sister loves seeing his photos as well...
Wishing you a nice mother's day weekend, no matter what you do.
Hugs, Suz
I'm so sorry for the pain. I hope you will rest when you feel it's too much, and share with us what you can/want to. We love you and we love your kids, even if we didn't get to meet one of them.
I was with my friend Kathleen today, whose younger son died of a brain tumor 10 years ago, and whose older son died of an unknown heart ailment last summer. Really, there should be a statute of limitations. No one should have to go through this TWICE. She is starting a blog now. It will be awesome.
Hugs to you!
I am certain that this is part of more healing for you as well. I remember pulling out old videos a few years ago and hearing my Grandfather's voice again. I cried and cried. But it was SO good to know we had those memories.
Sending big HUGS your way!
Sending hugs your way...
Post a Comment