I’ve got several things on my summer reading list. I’d love to catch them on sale, but I might end up paying more than I wanted, or maybe I’ll just check them out at the library.
I would love to read Laura Bush’s new book, Spoken From the Heart. I really admire her and look forward to reading about her. I read Barbara Bush’s A Memoir several years ago and loved it as well.
I have read amazing things about Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I thumbed through it today at Mardel….and it was even on sale, but I didn’t buy it. I know.. I should have just gone for it.
But I hate to buy a bunch of books when I have books here at home that I haven’t finished reading yet. I started Lysa TerKeurt’s book, Becoming More than a Good Bible Study Girl a while back and still haven’t finished it. And I have several Andrew Murray books on my bookshelf that I still haven’t read.
So I’m not sure if frugality will win out and I’ll read what I already own, or if I’ll snag some new releases and enjoy those.
What’s on your reading list this summer?
3 comments:
I also hate buying books knowing I have tons here...or at the library.
I have 3 books started and NOT finished. Maybe this summer????
I've been on a Karen Kingsbury kick lately. I also like Beverly Lewis and Janette Oke. Let us know if any of those you mentioned are good -- I may check them out!
I have a long list of things I want or need to read. To help me grow as a writer, I'm trying to read widely -- trying to fit a few classics in among more current things as well as a writing book here and there.
I've heard lots of good things about Lief Enger's Peace Like a River. Hope to read it before long but don't have a copy of it yet. May have to check the library...
Post a Comment