Monday, June 8, 2009

when nature calls

One of the most exciting things for me to anticipate when we planned our DC trip was THE SMITHSONIAN. I could. not. wait. I had heard about it and seen pictures of it and knew of things I definitely didn't want to miss. But I was not prepared for just how big it all is. It's not ONE building. It's many buildings. And each one has a theme. One of them was The Museum of Natural History. So it was everything from rocks and crystals to bones and a million other things.


The crystals were very interesting and beautiful. And also The Hope Diamond is there. It's huge! And it was in a small case in the middle of an area and everyone crowded around to see it as it rotated on its pedestal. I was almost close enough to see it, and I kid you not, the man in front of me was TEXTING in front of the Hope Diamond! Annoyed the daylights out of me.. and then I got a funny thought... I wondered if he was on Twitter? I could just imagine it.. OMG Im standin in front of the Hope Diamond rght now! So big. Its just gr8! 2 cool! I think that funny thought was the only thing that kept me from being peeved at that guy for the rest of my trip! LOL








One of the more um... shall we say.. unpleasant aspects of any vacation is when nature calls. And it called in every museum we went into, thankyouverymuch. But just one trip to the loo came with a story that I knew right away was blog worthy! Are you ready???

As told to me by my hubby: So I'm in the mens room doing my thing and I overhear this dad talking to his little son. "OK. remember what we talked about... take your peepee out... lean forward... don't touch your legs to it (the potty)....don't get it on your shorts...."

Poor kid.... it's a wonder he could even go after that many instructions!

It was all my hubby could do to keep a straight face and keep his own shorts clean! And no, none of the men in the bathroom were making any eye contact, as I think they would have all busted out laughing if they had! LOL

2 comments:

Dawn said...

love your potty story! i had to re-read though, cuz i was worried that YOU were in the men's room!

sorry that mean man was blocking your view of the Hope Diamond! it is one of my sweetest memories- Cam was 3 and when he saw it he said: i buy it for you mommy :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love your pictures and the guy w/ the texting...he was texting ME!!!
just kidding. ;) Maybe he was posting a note to his blog though?? :)
Love the potty story....did your husband look around for cameras???

I feel like I have been to the smithsonian already, I recently saw night at the museum. That is the same, right??? :)