Tuesday, June 23, 2009

the metro






Since I'm a minivan housewife from the suburbs, going to DC was interesting for me. Even though we DO have some rather large metropolitan cities near where I live, that hustle and bustle isn't a part of my daily life. So of course, getting from Point A to Point B in something other than my van was an experience.

The Metro (subway) in DC is interesting, although not particularly comfortable. But it IS efficient and fast. (see above!) We enjoyed the not having to walk part of riding the metro. But not much else.

This trip made me realize how much I like my van. : )






Of course the events of yesterday reminded me of our trip... and the safety we enjoyed while there. It's hard to believe that since we've been back from our trip there was a shooting in the Holocaust Museum AND the Metro crash! Wow! We need to pray for the victims and their families.

************

On another topic... I can't get into writing right now. I'm tired and I can't get my thoughts straight. So I'm going to be taking a bit of a hiatus from blogging... although I have a feeling it won't be for long. But for now, I just need to rest and decompress a bit.

See you soon, friends!

2 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

So many tragedies for one town...very sad. I am praying for those involved also.
YOU take care and decompress. We will be here when you have time. Suz

Dawn said...

i was missing you! but it's okay that i will miss you again. take car of yourself... and enjoy the summer days. i'm glad you were gone by the time the shooting happened... i was thinking about you being there.