Friday, June 12, 2009

even though I'm not the patient

I'm going to be taking a bit of a blogging break. I've had a few chances to check other people's blogs (with my iPod Touch) the past couple of days, but every time I try to comment, I get interrupted.

The reason I get interrupted is because my dad is in the hospital. It's quite an involved situation and I don't know how long this is going to be going on.

Today I was talking to one of his doctors that we've had a long relationship with. He is always so kind and takes such good care of daddy. But today he spent some time taking care of me, even though I'm not "the patient".

As he got ready to walk out the door, he gave me a huge, very caring hug.

I could smell his cologne on me for the rest of the day.

And it reminded me of his compassionate kindness toward me for the rest of the day. :)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

what an image... to have kindness lingering around you all the day. hang on, and yes, take care of yourself, too. sending a prayer for your daddy.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope that it all goes well for you Father....I hope that you are doing ok too. Accept he kindness, you deserve it.

Jill said...

I've missed hearing from you. I'll keep you and your dad in my prayers.

Gberger said...

God bless you and your whole family as you devote your energy to your dad's care and nurturing.
I think a bloggy-break is a good idea now & then (I'm planning one, too). Know that we'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts.
{{{Hugs}}} (but no cologne here)!

Beckypdj said...

I will be praying. A caring doctor is such a blessing!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

I'm so sorry your daddy's ill again. Praying for y'all dear friend.

Antique Mommy said...

Love the analogy at the end. Love the way you think.