Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Night at the Museum

My hubby took our daughter to see Night at the Museum right after it came out. I skipped out on this one, as I have a love/hate relationship with going to the movies. So anyway, they went to see the movie. She loved it. But as my husband says, it was ok. One of the big things in the movie is 'The Pile' of stuff gathered up by the bad guy. That pile is on display in the Smithsonian castle, which used to be their main building before they added on all the many buildings. Right now the castle basically serves as a visitor center.

So, if you're a fan of the movie, behold the pile.

Boo ate a Happy Meal (which she thought was gross, thankyouverymuch, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do in these kinds of places, ya know) and this was the toy.


She also got to see this.


There were little plaques up all over the place to point out things from the movie. I could go on and on. Fascinating, but way too many to mention. A fun thing for her since she saw the movie and then got to see 'the real things'.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

oh! we saw the movie this past weekend... and we loved it! mostly because of it being places where we had already been :) i am shocked that they have that pile of stuff on display though!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I also do not love happy meals. ;9
Love her toy though...that is quite the prize.
Great post about the PILE. The only pile I have is my compost...won't be putting up any pictures of that. :)

Kathleen said...

How fun! I took my granddaughter to see it with me while I was visiting a few weeks ago. We both enjoyed it, though I'm not waiting for any Oscar nominations. I particularly liked the bad-guy Egyptian. He has some very funny lines.

Be blessed,
Kathleen

Gberger said...

These past few posts sound as if you had a great trip, with lots of good things to see & share with your family. Glad you had such an interesting time!