Sunday, January 5, 2014

My newest obsession: NutriBullet

Not very long into my health journey, I bought a fancy pants ($$$) juicer. And I used is a good bit. But the problem was…it took forever to use and clean up. And there were a lot of days that it just wasn’t going to happen. Fast forward a good many months and it’s been a good many months since my juicer came out to play.

And that made me sad.

So I started eyeing all the food “extractors”…Ninja, Vitamix, Blendtek and the NutriBullet. I finally chose the NutriBullet. And I have tell you, I am IN LOVE! 

I bought it last week at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon. I got the newer model, the Pro that costs more, but I wanted to make sure it would liquify just about any veggie, so I went with the heavier duty model. But I think either one would make a great improvement to one’s health.

I got it and washed up all the pieces..and then went shopping for some of the ingredients I needed for it and got to work. I made my first ‘blast’ and they call it, and couldn’t believe how fast it was. I just plopped my ingredients into the wide mouth cup (compared to the tiny hole I had to shove all my fruits and veggies down for the juicer), screwed on the lid and in less than a minute, I had a tall glass of liquid nutrition that was tasty, and I could drink it knowing every last drop was healthy stuff made readily available to my body for health.

The NB comes with several cups and blades along with several lid styles and rings to go around the top, to make it more comfortable to drink from the ‘tall cup’ that I make my drink in. It also comes with two books with recipes and tips for success. Aaaaand a web site called NutriLiving (that purchasers get access to for 6 months free…don’t know the price yet for when my 6 months expires) which I am loving so far. Many  many recipes. And since they are a short list of raw foods, I have index cards handy to jot down new ideas for future ‘blasts’. 

I am hoping since it couldn’t be any easier (especially in light of just how long it took to juice ‘the old way’), that this becomes a habit that I can stick to. I am loving the variety and the idea that I can drink my greens and get them incorporated in my diet every day EASILY. Like I said, I’m loving it! : )

Disclaimer..I haven’t been compensated for my views bla bla bla and I bought my NutriBullet myself bla bla bla. Over and out, peeps. : )

4 comments:

Wade's World said...

What does the stuff taste like? I'm not into "veggie" tasting drinks. How does this compare, or can you naturally sweeten things up?

Dawn said...

it sounds so good and healthy... i just can't get myself to try it... scared of veggie juice!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I contemplated buying a juicer this year. My boss uses one and I LOVE drinking the fresh juice, but the mess and work….oh my.
My aunt has the NB and brought it at Thanksgiving. I'm so glad you found something that you enjoy!
XO

Gberger said...

Good for you! I bought a mid-range juicer at Costco and used it a lot, but always felt bad about throwing away all of the fiber (pulp), since we need that in our diet, as well. I've switched back to smoothies with my old, still-working VitaMix. I buy frozen fruit and add fresh ginger, bananas & chia seeds. YUM! and energy-boosting.
Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Presidential library. We've never done that; I would like to see JFK's in Boston.
I understand what you mean about the holidays - love and loss. While it does seem to get easier over time, there are still those days of unexpectedly falling "down the rabbit hole." Wishing you and your family a VERY happy new year!