Tuesday, December 17, 2013

kind of like a stroll in the woods {updated with pics}

We went for a walk late Sunday afternoon. We’ve had bitter cold and now warm weather on its heels. Along with ice still decorating the shaded spots along the way.

We drove to a park near our house and hopped out to make ‘the loop’ around a small pond. As we made our way up the path to begin the loop, we noticed the small cluster of trees, decorated with paper snowflakes and bits of ribbon.

IMG_0752

Others had plastic orbs and flashy tinsel.

IMG_0748

And then we made our way to the foot bridge that carries walkers and bikers over a small creek. It was decorated with arches of red and white with more dangling trimmings. One arch after another until we were across the bridge.

IMG_0753

IMG_0755

It felt kitschy and fun…a little bit like something from a movie. And it made my usually Grinchy heart swell with the warmth of the season.

IMG_0751

May you all enjoy all the things that warm your heart this Christmas and remember the greatest gift of all is Him.

IMG_0754

I miss being here but at the same time, rarely feel as though I have anything to add to the conversation. And when I do, I don’t have time to document it. Oh well. I will continue to be sporadic as I can’t bear to just shut ‘er down. Merry Christmas, y’all. : )

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Kitchy and sweet? LOVE it. You must go back again and take some photos....and enjoy it too. :)

Gberger said...

How pretty - I wonder who did it?

I know the feeling - not much to say, or too much to say, or things that perhaps don't belong on a blog...but we always love to hear from you.

Wishing you and your family a beautiful, love-filled Christmas, Kay. God bless you!

Cheryl Barker said...

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends, Kay. Blessings!

Jill said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Dawn said...

i think those colorful pointsettas are my favorite!!! xoxo