Monday, October 21, 2013

a little kitty update

She seems to be feeling better. She’s more active. Eating, drinking and all that jazz. All of which are good signs that things are moving in the right direction for her. : )

We did fluids every day last week, including Saturday. We had Sunday ‘off’ from fluids and I take her today for more blood work to see if things are turning a corner for her. The vet said last week that all the ‘signs’ (active eating drinking pooping etc) are good “prognostic indicators” that things will be ok for a time. But we find out tomorrow with the results.

But y’all..she is a stinker. she has found amazing hiding places and at times has worn us slap out just trying to find her or get her out of something so we can take her in to the vet. It’s been interesting and funny and kept our minds off all the what-if’s lately.

Right now every door that can be closed is closed in an attempt to keep her in the front of the house. I’m hoping she will chill out soon and eat and drink. Her vet appt today isn’t until later, which isn’t my favorite. I’d rather do it and be done with it, but scheduling didn’t work in my favor this time. Sigh…

From what I understand, I will still be having to bring her in for fluids but not every day. But on a tapering off schedule sort of thing for quite some time. The vet called it ‘a commitment’. I just thought this is a drop in the bucket. Although I never had to get either of my kids out of the arm of the sofa. Ha.

Hoping all goes as gently and easily as possible for her today. Have a great Monday! : )

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh. You call her a stinker. I'm pretty sure I would have a few choice words in place of stinker! LOL.
Best of luck with your stinker.
XO