For many of my friends, school ‘began’ last week when they dropped off their kid at college for the first time and got them all settled in their dorm etc.
For us, it started today when I pulled into the parking lot and dropped her off at a very nice community college just a few miles from our house. She isn’t completely sure what she wants to do and with excellent opportunities to learn in a less expensive environment and do some exploring and perhaps a little more deciding, this was a perfect fit.
And my girl just wasn’t ready to ‘go off’ just yet. She doesn’t even really like to drive. Thank you big city traffic. FREAKS her out sometimes. Freaks ME out sometimes. ; )
So today was kind of strange. I packed a lunch and dropped her off, much like I did when she was in middle school and her first year of high school. Only this time, we’re starting over.
I was excited to pick her up today and hear about her day. She told me the social stuff first and then after I prodded, she told me about her professors and her classes.
So far so good, being a little fish.
4 comments:
Oh, how sweet. I hope she has a great experience...it IS a big world out there. Why do we HAVE to get out there so quickly??? Well, we don't, darn it. Baby steps are good steps.
XOXO
Hope she has a great time figuring out what she wants to do in life. Sounds like this is going to be a great time for her!
Such an exciting time for your family, especially your girl! I'm happy that she found a place that suits her needs right now. My husband went to CC for two years and then transferred to a state college several hours from home. It worked very well for his budget and readiness!
wow!!! I can totally relate... laura hates driving and she was waiting for her program to start at far-away college and started close to home. she needed the time, too... but now she is off and thriving away from home :) which is really great, too!
Post a Comment