Hi. : )
I can’t believe it’s been two months since I’ve posted. Crazy, huh?!
To answer the question bobbing around just within reach…yes, I’m fine. Life is just busy.
I feel so overwhelmed with life most of the time. I spend a significant amount of time doing things directly related to my health (shopping for healthy food, exercise, juicing, making things I used to buy…from foods like bread to things like lip balm…and it all takes time!). And then there are the things we are all familiar with..cooking and cleaning and folding laundry. Ya know..the usual.
I juiced yesterday and saved half of the juice to drink today. So I just had that with a tall glass of hot green tea to wash it down. Yum. Juicing takes a lot of time. From gathering my veggies to clean up, it takes about 50 minutes. So it is a commitment. But one I am more than willing to make. We recently got a cheap-o frig for the garage so I can store overflow and more fresh veggies, mainly to juice. Score for me.
But I am doing ok. There are times that this journey feels very lonely. No one I come in face to face contact with shares my newfound enthusiasm for health and proper eating. So to say that I can be a bit or a lot of a wet blanket sometimes is an understatement. And that is what I mean about lonely. Not even my own family really shares my desire to work hard to eat what I should be eaten to stay healthy. They are happy to see me doing good things; don’t get me wrong. But it ends before picking up the fork with the kale begins…
I don’t really even know why I am posting this. I’ve said it all before. But I guess I just needed to reach out because I know you’re there, cheering me on from the bleachers as I continue on this strange journey.
Thanks for cheering me on and caring about me.
I have had post ideas pop into my head lately, but it’s the time to write them out that eludes me. Perhaps I can find time to come here more often. I’ve missed y’all. Hugs! : )
6 comments:
That is a commitment, good for you! Glad you are doing well :)
It is your journey...and we are all your cheerleaders. I include your peeps in the 'we' part. I know they are behind you 200%. But following your limited diet must be hard on them too....baby steps right?
So glad you posted. YOU have been missed. I think of you often.
XOXXO
Suz
So proud of you for continuing to do what is good for your health. I wish I had your willpower.
And sorry about the lonely part. Thats no fun at all. Maybe, eventually, you will rub off on your peeps.
Glad to hear that all is well, Kay!
Hugs to you, Kay. Have you thought about joining some online nutrition community? Some of them get a little "religious" about it, but they would be very encouraging. Kris Carr's "Crazy Sexy Cancer/Crazy Sexy Life" is a big clearing-house for info, as is "Hungry For Change." Maybe you'll find supportive community there - or even (dare I say it now) at LIVESTRONG?
And of course, we're with you here!
It's so good to hear from you (now that I'VE finally gotten around to checking my blogs. I'm glad things are going well though sorry you're feeling lonely on your journey to health. Hugs!
Post a Comment