Thursday, January 31, 2013

diet vs lifestyle

The new year brought with it many posts on Facebook of different illnesses.

And many of them are caused by eating unhealthily.

And now I see people on “diets” and I get so sad.

Because a diet in our country is seen as something temporary “to do” until a “problem” is “fixed”.

Forgive my overuse of “quotes”.

But it just makes me sad. I really wish people would realize what they are eating is killing them. And that what is needed isn’t a flash in the pan approach, but a total overhaul of everything they consume.

Because to me, healthy eating is not a “diet”. It has to be a way of life…a lifestyle…from now on. A week or two, or even a couple of months of doing some crazy fad are not going to be enough for me to maintain my health in the long haul.

And it’s not going to work for anybody else either.

So please, people…get healthy the smart and healthy way. By making permanent changes for the better and cutting out all the junk and chemicals. Your body will thank you for it.

*stepping down off my soapbox now*

“Carry on!”

Oops sorry…I used quotes again. ; )

2 comments:

Beckypdj said...

I'm with ya on this for sure! My husband and I have been eating healthy for the last year. The last 6 months we have been eating clean. I want to grab people at the grocery store that have their carts filled with garbage and tell them they are killing themselves!! Of course I don't. Then I see their children with a huge 12 oz bottle of soda and wonder how in the world they can think that is acceptable. So glad your soapbox was big enough for two :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so right. Being healthy is a lifestyle not a fad diet. I hear you sister, loud and clear!!!
Oh and Facebook makes me want to barf most of the time....why are people so annoying?
P.S. "You are funny"
LOL!!!!
XOXO