I have never worked out quite like I do now. In the past, I’ve taken stabs at cardio. And before L got sick, I had gotten myself in pretty decent shape using resistance training. But that went down the tube when he got sick.
Basically everything I’ve done has been short lived. Until now. Because I don’t have a choice. And oddly, because I want to. I feel better. I’m beginning to look better, too.
And although I wouldn’t admit this to anybody face to face, sometimes I check out my biceps in the mirror. Cuz I have some now. : )
I have resisted workout wear. I don’t know why..I just have. I hate the thought of spandex stretched out over my less then perfect body. But I am always a fan of the oversized tee shirt. But I’ve noticed that lately I’ve been tempted to skimp on things because I’m already “dressed” for the day. Some days I come home from the gym (cardio days) sweating and feeling gross. Already wearing my regular clothes. Albeit it’s only shorts and a tee shirt…but still, it’s the uniform of choice for me most days. The laundry and the home schooler don’t really have high fashion hopes for me day to day.
So yesterday I had finally had enough of coming home feeling all icky and not wanting to dirty up more regular clothes. Oh yes, you heard it right…I took the plunge and bought some workout pants. They are actually more like capris, which will be nice, as I can wear them through the winter and not freeze to death walking to and from my car. And since they are capris, they cover my back side, thankyouverymuch. And dare I say…they are a bit flattering. It took me a while to find flattering…for a while I wanted to have a cry-fest in the fitting room. But I finally came upon something that doesn’t look scary on me. And they are comfortable too.
I put my new pants on this morning and felt myself doing my warm up (weight day) with a little more gusto….trying harder to get all the moves just right…remembering those biceps. Ha!
I’m hoping this little boost helps me push even harder to reach some unwritten goals I’ve set for myself. Some involve weight, endurance and let’s face it…shape.
So today I feel a bit transformed by a new pair of pants. : )
Back to the work out…warm up is over…and it’s time for kettle bells! Woot!
4 comments:
So happy for you Kay!! I've been wearing bicycle shorts to my workouts. I had to face it, nothing was going to look "good" so I wore them. But today, I am wearing my new yoga pants for the first time (in two sizes smaller than my shorts!) Glad you found some pants, I'm sure you're one hot momma! :)
Good for you - you deserve it!
I have a weakness for the clothes in Title 9 and Athleta catalogs (but usually buy only on sale, or for my birthday). Lululemon is like a drug...ohh, I love their stuff! But am not built for most of it, esp. the "bottoms." Their jackets ROCK. The true go-to place for me for exercise gear (which on me means walking - lame, I know) is TJ Maxx: under $20 for CUTE-CUTE-Cute yoga-style pants that fit.
P.S.: I am starting a Pilates class this month. We can encourage each other!
I've wanted to have a cry-fest in a fitting room many times, too! :)
Good for you...on finding some workout pants and having biceps. Do I see arm wrestling matches in your future?? :)
I also love getting workout stuff at TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Oh, and Target has great yoga pants....I live in them during the "not as hot months!"
Post a Comment