Thursday, June 28, 2012

in a funk

So last night, I cried myself to sleep. And I don’t even know why.

As I mentioned in my last post, we would really like to just get in the van and GO. Get out of here and be somewhere else and enjoy some down time. But as I said, we have no idea where we would like to go. It’s a bummer.

But I think the real crux of it is some sort of strange let down reflex after going through dealing with those little bumps. And not really knowing what was going on there for a little bit. Both my doctors were confident that I was dealing with scar tissue. But in the end, both of them felt it best to get them removed. But it was a lot of here there and everywhere and then surgery…very minor, but still surgery…and then sitting in the recovery room and hearing my nurse tell somebody that she’s the girl that ‘just’ had some scar tissue removed. THAT is how I found out that all was well. Weird. Yes, I had asked for my husband, but I was feeling a little weird so they waited for me to feel a little better to let him come in. I hate that.

So maybe that is why I cried myself to sleep. Just a release from everything that has happened. But I know there is a frustrated-ness too. We have had a pretty bummer few months and now things are good. And yet our routine is just so monotonous at times. And unlike my sweet friend Karen who commented that summer has not arrived in the pacific northwest, there is no doubt that summer has arrived here. It’s been over a hundred for the last several days. Just going outside takes my breath away and makes my skin burn. So the thought of a ‘stay-cation’ kind of makes me laugh. Or melt.

I know that our trip to Tennessee last year was a gift. It was beautiful there and we thoroughly enjoyed the low key trip (but we don’t want to go back). It was a great trip to have fresh on my memory as we dove into dealing with my health for a bit. And now I guess I’m just searching for the next gift after the past few months of rough stuff we’ve dealt with. A fitting bookend to all that has happened, if you will.

7 comments:

Wade's World said...

So sorry that you are in a funk. You have certainly dealt with a lot these last few months. Hope you get your vacation soon (in a cool place). I'm sure getting away would make you feel a little better.

((Hugs)) from AL where it is currently hot as Hades!

Jill said...

I hope you get out of your funk soon. Sometimes it helps me to read the book of Psalms, especially the praise ones, and focus on God instead of myself.

It's been over 100 here too, so, even if you were thinking about coming back to TN, I wouldn't recommend it right now if you want to cool off. ( :

Gberger said...

I'm sorry that it's been so hard lately. I have had nights like that, when the tears just seep out. Nothing sudden that I can put my finger on, often just missing Katie, and the life that "would have been," if she had lived. What you have gone through this year, and after Bub's passing, is just plain unfair (& I know that life is not fair, but really!). I pray that the vacation will come together in a way that is delightful and refreshing for all of you. Maybe North is the way to go, to get out of the heat? Colorado? Canada?

Cheryl Barker said...

I bet you're right -- bet the tears were just a release from all you've been going through.

I pray you'll get your getaway soon. Kristin and Shawn desperately needed one as well with all they've faced for so long, and God opened a door to a wonderful trip for them. They leave Monday. May God bless you in an unexpected way as well! Hugs!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Funk happens. And I know you will get through this, just like you do everything else...and with grace as well.
I really wish you would stop fighting it and get on a plane and head to my house. ;) you know you want to.
XOXOXOXO

Cindy Adams said...

A planned vacation almost always gets me out of a "funk"! I really understand that philosophy. Even if you have to plan something months away, it gives you something to look forward to:) I'm with you! Just stopped by from "Twitter" and found you. Come visit me when you can. widowspursuits.blogspot.com Happy Fourth! Cindy

Rebekah said...

I'm so very, very behind reading blogs, but I'm catching up today, and want you to know I'm praying for you as I post this comment, Kay.