Tuesday, June 12, 2012

a little walk

I went for a little walk today. Hardest walk since my surgery. I did some pretty good cardio on the treadmill. I did almost 2 miles in about 28  minutes.

Woot.

Nevermind that I had to stop right in the middle of my cool down because my asthma was bothering me. At least it started bothering me at the end, instead of at the beginning. Moving on..

I usually walk on a track (indoors). But they were having a basketball camp down below in the gym. (I walk in a church wellness center.) So I chose to go to the work out room and use a machine rather than subject myself to dribbledribbledribbledribble. You get the picture.

And it was good. I didn’t do my normal cardio, which is a specific routine created for me by my personal trainer. So I plopped my ear buds in and enjoyed some Chris Tomlin. One line that stuck out to me today was “You take the pieces and turns them to praises…”. I love that! Because it’s so true. I don’t have anything of value to offer God or do for Him that makes me worthy of anything. I’m truly nothing. A speck on a speck, if you will. But He can take the pieces of my life…the things that are hard (including what happened to Landon and my current health issues)…the things that don’t even make sense to me or are too hard to even understand and recreate me into something that can see His work in the midst of it all. And turn them to praises. So true. If we will let it be so.

Love!

If the video doesn’t work, here is the link.

5 comments:

Gberger said...

Amen. You are His beloved daughter, precious and created uniquely to express Him! He loves you exactly as you are, right at this moment. Praises to Him!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love how a line in a song can mean so much to us. [And I could never think of you being a speck of a speck? :}
Beautiful song...the words are very meaningful.
Kuddos to you for keeping up with your exercising...you are amazing!
xoxo

Jennifer Dougan said...

"You take the pieces and turn it into praises" -- Nice, Kay. Thank you.

Have a great week.

Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com

Jill said...

I love Chris Tomlin! So many of his songs have lyrics that minister to me. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl Barker said...

Turning the pieces into praises -- I love that, too! What a great phrase to remember!