Benign. I will start my story with that word and move on from there. I hate it when someone writes a post that has me worried and I struggle to quickly scan to see if the person is ok and miss most of their content because I am looking for the answer.
So I’ll start with the answer…it’s benign.
The other day I felt two strange bumps on my chest, right beside one of my scars. I know! Not the sort of thing a sort of girl like me wanted to feel.
I went to my onc, and he didn’t seem too worried about it. At first, he thought I should just watch it…or have a biopsy. And then he said maybe I should just go see my surgeon “because two heads are better than one” and see what she thought. Her thought was to either watch it…or have it removed. Both of them thought it might be a suture or scar tissue doing something weird. Neither of them were very concerned or freaked out about it. (which really surprised me…and calmed me in a strange sort of way)
But in the end, both of them leaned towards me having it checked out.
So today I had surgery to have two very small lumps removed from my left ‘chest’. (my issues were all on the right in the beginning) I found it mildly amusing that they called my little surgery today a “breast biopsy” because I don’t HAVE breasts. Anyway… I guess I’m easily amused.
I won’t lie… I was scared this wasn’t going to end up as the ‘nothing’ they both tried to reassure me it was, if you get my drift. I was worried. I have been so ready to get to today and get it over with for quite some time now. And it finally came and went.
I really like my breast surgeon. She’s older and all business but she is kind and gentle too. She immediately knew when she got in there that I just had a little bundle of flesh that grew around a stitch causing a small knot. “Totally benign”…her words. I was a bit surprised to have the ‘results’ of this so quickly. I was figuring I’d have to wait for labs etc to know anything, but I guess it was pretty easy for her to see what it was.
I am so thankful today is done. And that I already know what was going on inside me.
Now to heal up. Again. I keep wondering if this is a couple of steps back as far as wearing a bra and the foobs. I really don’t know how long the healing process will be for this little tiny surgery.
But that is ok. : )
6 comments:
Ohhh, Kay. I'm thankful that it's benign, but so sorry you had to go through the "not knowing" and another procedure, AGAIN. May God give you comfort and quick healing from this "bump in the road."
So thankful that everything was okay. Praying for peace and super fast healing.
what a scare... on top of your roller-coaster ride. but i'm glad the results are benign. so glad. rest, relax, heal. sending up a prayer for a speedy recovery and no more bumps! xoxo
Thank you so much for putting benign first.
Whew....I can't imagine the worry you have worried the last few days. I'm so thankful all is well; sorry you had to have another surgery my sweet friend.
xoxo
So sorry you had this scare, but so-o-o thankful all turned out benign. Take it easy and get all healed up now. Thanking the Lord with you!
Oh, Kay, so sorry, and so glad it's nothing.
I has a similar scare last month, when my internist sent me for an MRI due to back pain. Just arthritis related stuff, but there was that lurking fear - stage 4, just like that?
Meanwhile. I am starting to think about having my implant removed. I hate it.
Post a Comment