Friday, November 11, 2011

from D to A just like that

I had my surgery Tuesday of this week. A double mastectomy. And went from a D to an A just like that.

I came home from the hospital yesterday. I am super tired. But my peeps are waiting on me hand and foot.

Hubs helped me take a shower this morning and get into clean pj’s and helped me with my hair. It won’t be in any style magazines, but it feels clean and right now, that’s about as good as it gets.

Everything went well…I have cleans nodes, which is a major praise. One request…a small patch of skin isn’t thriving and if it continues to die, I will have to have another surgery to have it removed…probably next week. So “go pink” has an even greater meaning for me right now..that skin really needs to go pink.

I am sleeping off and on all the time and on a ton of pain meds…so hopefully this post makes some sort of sense. I will check back in with you later, but just wanted to post a general update.

Thank you for all your love and prayers.

Go pink!!!

8 comments:

Gberger said...

Oh, Kay, I'm so glad that you updated! Praise God that your surgery went well...and welcome to "A" cups (that's my territory)! ;)

Sending prayers for your continued healing and recovery, along with many virtual {{{HUGS}}} to you and your family.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Years ago, if someone said: I have clean nodes....I wouldn't have known what the heck they were talking about. NOW, I know this is FABULOUS news!!!!!
I hope the healing moves a bit quicker for you, but sleeping is most likely your best friend right now.
Rest up and let your peeps continue to spoil you.
(and who has time for style magazines these days anyway??? :))
xoxoxooxoxoxo

Kathleen said...

Oh Kay, what a good report - even though I'd rather you not have to endure so great a challenge. Praying that skin cooperates, and that you're full of vigor soon!

Robin said...

Dear Kay,

I am a friend of Karen G's - I think I've been here before.

Like you, we continue to reel from the death of a son and now face my breast cancer. I am having a mastectomy (one) on Friday of this week and beginning with an expander for an implant. No chemo or radiation anticipated -- although so far, every time there has been something that affects only a small % of women, I'm in that group, so I suppose I am a likely candidate to be the only woman on the planet with DCIS and positive nodes. At any rate, the reconstruction will be a very long road.

Sending prayers for your speedy recovery. It's nothing compared to losing a child, but it's still a big something.

I guess I will be a combination of you and Karen for a bit - an A AND a D!

Wishing only the very best to you.

Jill said...

It's been heavy on my heart to pray for you often in the past couple of weeks. I'm glad the surgery went well. I'll keep praying for a quick recovery, especially for the skin issue. Keep us posted.

Donna said...

Oh Kay! I'm glad you brought me over here today. I'm glad the surgery went well and that you feel like you are healing. Please please please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do for you other than pray for you.

Rebekah said...

Sweet Kay, I'm thinking of you and praying for you today.

Cheryl Barker said...

Thanks for the update, Kay! Glad the surgery went well -- will be praying that you don't have to have more done next week. So thrilled to hear that your nodes didn't show a problem! Continue to rest and let your sweet family take care of you. Am praying for you!